amal

Houston/Texas MENA'ers

22 posts in this topic

Ok ppl We finally made it to Houston and are currently awaiting our application to be approved at the apartment complex. It is time for a Texas MENA'ers feast! I say let's go to Dimasis! Sundays are good for me since the hubster is off that day (and I need him to navigate me through the streets lol!!!). What do you all think???

(F) amal (F)

ETA : Sundays are also better coz they have Mansaf Sundays!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

so far the weather sucks. I think the hubster and I will go this sunday! probably after noon. The one we like is on kirkwood. The owner and my husband are from the same city in Jordan so they like to chit chat. nobody else seems interested though. *sniff* :)

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Hey Amal! Welcome to Houston! I know this is a difficult time for and you are missing home BIG time. sunday we are going to lunch with some friends so I can't make it. But you are here now and we will have lots of time to meet up. If you ever need to talk let me know.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

I went into the bedroom yesterday and the hubster had his mobile out and was playing a video of my dad playing the mandolin. I almost immediately started crying. It made me so homesick and sad. He said "you're still in the USA it isn't like you're in another country". I said "it doesn't matter how far away you are, away is still just that....AWAY and I'm homesick" I've never been more than 2 hours away from home and I could always just take a road trip and visit. Now I can't just take a day and visit *cries* ... he doesn't understand but oh well.... I just need to make some friends so I can feel more adjusted.

We were approved today at the apartments we wanted. Next, we need to find a bed, living room furniture, and dining room furniture....uggggg the joys of moving!!! our complex is near "Estancia" on Richmond if you know where that is. They're pretty nice so I can't complain!

Ohh.. we may not get to go to dimassis on Sunday now *cries* I guess they're going to go to Sea World this Saturday morning, staying the night in a motel, and returning sometime on Sunday. I still have high hopes we can get a dimassi supper in ensha'allah.

***************************finding my happy place*************************************

Interview-December 2005

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Don't y'all Houston folks wanna see San Antonio? Remember the Alamo? Go spurs go? Stuff like that? I know there's at least two of us on here! (and the hubby and I have both had bad Houston experiences which included a I-10 shutdown, getting lost, and not to mention the parking lot that is called a highway system!)

timeline doesn't matter.

Don't y'all Houston folks wanna see San Antonio? Remember the Alamo? Go spurs go? Stuff like that? I know there's at least two of us on here! (and the hubby and I have both had bad Houston experiences which included a I-10 shutdown, getting lost, and not to mention the parking lot that is called a highway system!)

Houston? San Antonio? Houston? San Antonio? ...well..yeah....Liz, you win this battle. Can we wait for the weather to get cool again? Summers I like leaving the country or staying in the house LOL

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Timeline

Houston? San Antonio? Houston? San Antonio? ...well..yeah....Liz, you win this battle. Can we wait for the weather to get cool again? Summers I like leaving the country or staying in the house LOL

Well if you're in Houston when the summer starts, I can't imagine getting out of the house at all until it's over! :P (it's pretty humid here too with all the rain though!)

timeline doesn't matter.

Timeline
I went into the bedroom yesterday and the hubster had his mobile out and was playing a video of my dad playing the mandolin. I almost immediately started crying. It made me so homesick and sad. He said "you're still in the USA it isn't like you're in another country". I said "it doesn't matter how far away you are, away is still just that....AWAY and I'm homesick" I've never been more than 2 hours away from home and I could always just take a road trip and visit. Now I can't just take a day and visit *cries* ... he doesn't understand but oh well.... I just need to make some friends so I can feel more adjusted.

We were approved today at the apartments we wanted. Next, we need to find a bed, living room furniture, and dining room furniture....uggggg the joys of moving!!! our complex is near "Estancia" on Richmond if you know where that is. They're pretty nice so I can't complain!

Ohh.. we may not get to go to dimassis on Sunday now *cries* I guess they're going to go to Sea World this Saturday morning, staying the night in a motel, and returning sometime on Sunday. I still have high hopes we can get a dimassi supper in ensha'allah.

***************************finding my happy place*************************************

I'm so sorry Amal. I don't think it's fair that you had to leave your family behind. I understand you 100% and it would be hard for me to leave my parents also. I hope things start looking up.

Sarah

Filed: Timeline

Hi all, I been having it a bit rough. I need to get out and get some air. When ever every one decides on a date to meet up in houston please let me know. It would be great to have a meet up, and just vent with people that understand the drama that we are dealing with in our daily lives. Sigh. Have a nice weekend every one. How far is the Dimasiss on Kirikwood from from the one on richmond? Is that the one off 59?

You know even better than Dimassi is aladdin's on Westheimer and Montrose. anytime anyone is in the neighborhood let me know. I am just a few blocks away!

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Hi all, I been having it a bit rough. I need to get out and get some air. When ever every one decides on a date to meet up in houston please let me know. It would be great to have a meet up, and just vent with people that understand the drama that we are dealing with in our daily lives. Sigh. Have a nice weekend every one. How far is the Dimasiss on Kirikwood from from the one on richmond? Is that the one off 59?

I know that the dimassis we go to is off of kirkwood and we turn right onto some highway that has some serious construction going on. I don't remember seeing one on richmond though. I am living just off of richmond so if its close, well, thats awesome! but noors good friend (the owner guy of dimassis) is always at the one down kirkwood so thats why we go to that one. I could sure use some venting time, thats for sure. Things have been so difficult lately!! Maybe we can exchange phone numbers or something (that offer is extended to anyone in the area). Mine should be turned on this Friday ensha'allah.........*sigh*

You know even better than Dimassi is aladdin's on Westheimer and Montrose. anytime anyone is in the neighborhood let me know. I am just a few blocks away!

You know, I think I live fairly close to you. I'm only about a driveway away from Westheimer and I'm pretty sure Montrose is only a few blocks from that.... I'm also fairly positive that I've seen aladdins nearby... do you know where shadowbriar is???

Interview-December 2005

I know that the dimassis we go to is off of kirkwood and we turn right onto some highway that has some serious construction going on. I don't remember seeing one on richmond though. I am living just off of richmond so if its close, well, thats awesome! but noors good friend (the owner guy of dimassis) is always at the one down kirkwood so thats why we go to that one. I could sure use some venting time, thats for sure. Things have been so difficult lately!! Maybe we can exchange phone numbers or something (that offer is extended to anyone in the area). Mine should be turned on this Friday ensha'allah.........*sigh*

You know, I think I live fairly close to you. I'm only about a driveway away from Westheimer and I'm pretty sure Montrose is only a few blocks from that.... I'm also fairly positive that I've seen aladdins nearby... do you know where shadowbriar is???

Well you are not that close to me, but in Hoston nothign is close. If you go to Westheimer from shadowbriar (if it is where I think it is) then you have to turn east and come all the way to town about 3 miles further in town from the Galleria (if you have learned where that is)

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Well you are not that close to me, but in Hoston nothign is close. If you go to Westheimer from shadowbriar (if it is where I think it is) then you have to turn east and come all the way to town about 3 miles further in town from the Galleria (if you have learned where that is)

hmm...the Galleria...no, no idea ...matter of fact, this is the first time I've heard of it. I think I'm ready to get the heck outta this apartment. Hubster is wanting me to apply at jobs closer to here but I am still soooooooo against working in a big chain. There is a CVS on the corner about 1 minute from my place but it just isn't what I want. I didn't move to Houston to get a job I didn't want, I came here to better my life, or at least keep it the same.....*sigh* MBP, wanna go out today? :) :) :) :)

Interview-December 2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.