thisisnotnormal

Copy underneath original

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys,

I’m just checking to see if anyone who has had their interview and been approved can confirm that the amount of copies I need to provide are as per the coversheet?

For example the i134 is greyed out on the checklist for the original... so I only need to bring 1 in total and not two copies? 

Birth certificate for example has a place to tick both original and copy so that’s clear. 

I just want to double check because they put emphasis on the copies but it seems to only be the birth and police certificate that need a copy? (for a standard born in aus, never married case).

As most of it is “copy only” is that only 1 and not 2 copies? 

Edited by thisisnotnormal

Timeline

Im curious about this too. I also noticed on paperwork I printed off from the Consulate in Sydney it said the I-134 needed to be an original, but on the K1 Document Cover Sheet its listed as a copy.

Timeline
On 12/31/2020 at 8:52 AM, jessicamolley said:

Im curious about this too. I also noticed on paperwork I printed off from the Consulate in Sydney it said the I-134 needed to be an original, but on the K1 Document Cover Sheet its listed as a copy.

I asked that and they emailed me and said i134 and revaluation letter can be a scanned copy. 

Also I think I kinda answered my question by reading this one which is a bit clearer on the copies.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/aSYD_Sydney.pdf

It is only those official documents. Which is only 3 for me. Passport, birth certificate and afp complete disclosure certificate. 

So long story short I believe the document coversheet is correct. The document coversheet they attach in their email is slightly different format to the one you can get off the consulate website but only format wise. (The location of where you put your estimated travel date is moved and you have to tick it on the later one.) 

Edited by thisisnotnormal

Timeline

@thisisnotnormal I’ve emailed them too, waiting to hear back. The one you linked says I-134 must be original but the cover sheet said copy. Also I need to know if my divorce statement needs to be an original or can be a copy. It’s going to cost me 87$ to ship documents with UPS so I definitely want to have the final word from them before the interview

Timeline
10 hours ago, jessicamolley said:

@thisisnotnormal I’ve emailed them too, waiting to hear back. The one you linked says I-134 must be original but the cover sheet said copy. Also I need to know if my divorce statement needs to be an original or can be a copy. It’s going to cost me 87$ to ship documents with UPS so I definitely want to have the final word from them before the interview

I’m fairly sure it’s the beneficiary’s divorce papers if they have them. They already have yours from the I-129f. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, thisisnotnormal said:

I’m fairly sure it’s the beneficiary’s divorce papers if they have them. They already have yours from the I-129f. 

That’s what we were thinking too, but you know I’ve overthought about everything having to do with this process. At least we are close now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.