dant244

K3 or IR-1/CR-1

3 posts in this topic

Please help, We made a serious mistake and my wife left the US for a visit to Russia before we recieved the Advance Parole document. Now, I understand we have to file all over but what to file - the K3 or the IR-1/CR-1? Which takes the shortest time and can the process be quicker if you already had a K1 visa? My wife has a son brought here on a K2 that is with her. Thanks for any help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OUCH!! Was it some family emergency that caused this?

Anyway, K-3 is considered to be a bit quicker because the K-3 passes through NVC a bit quicker than the approval and NVC process for the CR-1.

CR-1 has the benefit of costing much less, and directly results in a green-card. K-3 can either opt to return to home country for the CR-1 interview, or do AOS ($1010) fee in the USA starting July 30.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

dant,

Well, you have to start with I-130s for the both of them. After that, an I-129f for your wife is up to you.

The past K1 process won't make either route any quicker, if anything it may slow one or both down a bit as the case officer will have to call for the old file and review it along with processing the new case(s). If you decide to submit both I-130 and I-129f, and they are assigned to different case officers, one of them could potentially hold up the other depending on who gets the old file first and how long they hold on to it.

Yodrak

Please help, We made a serious mistake and my wife left the US for a visit to Russia before we recieved the Advance Parole document. Now, I understand we have to file all over but what to file - the K3 or the IR-1/CR-1? Which takes the shortest time and can the process be quicker if you already had a K1 visa? My wife has a son brought here on a K2 that is with her. Thanks for any help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.