Asterix78

Vilnius K-1 interview question

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

My fiancee has her medical and interview scheduled in Vilnius. What is a bit confusing to me is how informal and inconsistent the Embassy's instructions have been, so I am hoping to double check with folks here who may have dealt with this embassy before.

1. I (the petitioner) notified them of the K-1 court order asking them to process our application. (it was at NVC at that time).

2. They replied stating they will take action and request the case from NVC. They also emailed me a checklist of items that my fiancee should start preparing for the interview. Nothing unusual in this list. But they say do NOT email anything to us. 

3. Case goes to Transit, then Ready.

4. I email then asking for an interview date. They respond with the date and state again to bring all documents to interview.

So a couple of things I am not sure about.

1. Even if I CC my fiancee, they reply only to me and they have not sent her anything at all. All communications seems to go through me. There is no "packet 3" or anything and my fiancee has received zero communication directly from the embassy. 

2. The initial checklist they emailed me has a sign off portion on the bottom and states to email that to them once docs are collected, along with the DS160 confirmation, but their email instructions say to NOT email anything.

I am just trying to do things correctly and at this point I am inclined to follow their email instructions. They don't really answer detailed questions, which I have tried to ask, only repeat to bring docs to interview. I don't want to pester them with questions, but I assumed I would need to email them a few things ahead of the interview. I guess not. 

Thanks for the responses. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.