ram_im

Second interview after decision can not be made

19 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, ram_im said:

Update:

I received the letter, and it says that I have an interview next week. It doesn't mention that this is a second interview. Also, it says I should prepare for a language and history test.

Is this normal? Can they redo the exams if you passed them? 

Thanks.

Get a free consultation from a lawyer and ask if it is normal to get a second interview. The thing is a lawyer would most likely tell you that you need his/her service regardless...

You already had the interview and the test, but did they actually ever tell you that you passed? How many civics questions did they ask you? If they asked you 10 maybe you didn't do so well and they have been debating whether to deny your application or give you another shot. If they never told you that you passed and just were told the decision was pending then there wouldn't be anything you could do besides taking the test again or asking for a transcript of your first interview maybe with a lawyer. But you know how humans behave when challenged...

Maybe it's just you missed something and they are giving you another chance. Still try just getting at least a free consultation with a lawyer before you go to avoid a situation where you actually taking the 2nd test automatically annuls and destroys all traces and account of the first one (I don't know this to be true but you never know).

On 12/5/2020 at 12:35 AM, ram_im said:

Update:

I received the letter, and it says that I have an interview next week. It doesn't mention that this is a second interview. Also, it says I should prepare for a language and history test.

Is this normal? Can they redo the exams if you passed them? 

Thanks.

You should read the whole link here, but especially section B.2

Hope that helps

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-b-chapter-4

On 12/1/2020 at 11:14 PM, ram_im said:

Hi everyone, I got a call yesterday from the USCIS office about an interview next week, and they were calling to make sure that I can do it next week. However, I told the agent that I did my interview, and we're waiting for a decision for more than a year and we're told couple of times that they were doing background check. She was surprised at the beginning; then she said that it is another interview. I didn't get any paper yet related to the next interview but today myuscis website changed from interview was scheduled to invalid interview date.
Is this common? Anyone has experience with that? Should I take a lawyer even though i’m 1000% sure I have any legal or background problem? 
Please help.
Thanks

@ram_im how did your second interview go this week?

Please report back!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.