4 posts in this topic

Hi VJ members 

two days ago i did my interview for the GC and it went smoothly and we answered all the questions honestly. The interviewer was nice. 
he kept alot of pictures with whole case and he told me that, by the time i got here to the us i was missing some vaccines so i need to take them. So he told me i will print what you need now better than waiting it in the mail. 

but he didn’t give his decision when we finish the interview. And whenever i go to doctor to get the shots they get confused and they said how do we give you vaccines shot and we don’t have your record, i ended up taking the shots and I submitted i693 form and I don’t know what’s gonna happen after. 

You usually don't get a response during the interview. And he or she wouldn't give a decision if your medical was not complete. 

I'm confused: Why didn't you get all the vaccines? Did you have a i693 form when you went to your interview? Maybe the doctor's office you went to was a total idiot and didn't know how to fill in the information? I know the nurses from where I went to were pretty rude and the one who knew all about the paperwork was on leave (so I had to check what they were doing as much as I could).

If you submitted new evidence, the officer will look at it and it's going to take a while. My case was before COVID and it took several months to get updated; after maybe 2 months I got the notification that my GC was being produced. 

Edited by Coco8

14 hours ago, Coco8 said:

You usually don't get a response during the interview. And he or she wouldn't give a decision if your medical was not complete. 

I'm confused: Why didn't you get all the vaccines? Did you have a i693 form when you went to your interview? Maybe the doctor's office you went to was a total idiot and didn't know how to fill in the information? I know the nurses from where I went to were pretty rude and the one who knew all about the paperwork was on leave (so I had to check what they were doing as much as I could).

If you submitted new evidence, the officer will look at it and it's going to take a while. My case was before COVID and it took several months to get updated; after maybe 2 months I got the notification that my GC was being produced. 

I wasn’t required to do the i693 form because the us embassy where i took my visa was supposed to finish all of them when i went and did my medical exams because i came to the us through k1 visa and I gave the package in the airport which includes my medical exams. But he told me that my country didn’t have these vaccines and i need to take them. It’s not evidence or something like that. It’s just a vaccines. They should have sent me a notice before the interview to finish them. 

if u say they tell everyone in the interview notice to finish the medical exams but it says if required and I wasn’t required to do anything with medical exams because i already did that and I didn’t know that i was missing some vaccines because the medical exams i did in my country im not allowed to see what is inside and it was sealed.

and the officer told me whenever you finish the paperwork of the vaccines and you send it , you will receive an approval notice in about 2-3 weeks

Edited by AMB

2 hours ago, AMB said:

if u say they tell everyone in the interview notice to finish the medical exams 

I didn't say this. You need the i693 for the GC. If you didn't have it, you needed to get another one.

The consulate forwards the medical exam to USCIS, but you have to give the i693 form to USCIS yourself. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.