Adeoluwa

Documents for interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi, my interview has been scheduled and i have all my documents required for my interview ready apart from my Police certificate...The police certificate was issued back in February and i submitted to nvc in march but it states on it that it is only valid for 3 months whereas other countries' police  certificates are valid for year and my interview at the US consulate in Lagos is next month...Do I need to request for a new police certificate or I can go with the one I already submitted to nvc which is already expired?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Adeoluwa said:

Hi, my interview has been scheduled and i have all my documents required for my interview ready apart from my Police certificate...The police certificate was issued back in February and i submitted to nvc in march but it states on it that it is only valid for 3 months whereas other countries' police  certificates are valid for year and my interview at the US consulate in Lagos is next month...Do I need to request for a new police certificate or I can go with the one I already submitted to nvc which is already expired?

The police report is valid for one year as stated below.

https://ng.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Screenshot_20201028-061550_Firefox.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Adeoluwa said:

Hello please when did they reschedule your interview in Lagos because mine was supposed to be on March 26th 2020 but was cancelled due to consulate shutdown, please is there anything different I have to do or what ? Secondly bro get a new one to avoid issues Cos it stated it expires in 3 months time on mine too

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hello I m happy your interview is coming up next month, please what category of visa did you apply for, and did you wait for the embassy to contact you before you reschedule?

Timeline
On 10/28/2020 at 6:21 AM, Hadassah said:

The police report is valid for one year as stated below.

https://ng.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Screenshot_20201028-061550_Firefox.jpg

Yeah I saw the link! But look at the police certificate below 

9FD9ADCC-5AD4-4FD9-91DA-0FBB7E57FC00.jpeg

Timeline
13 hours ago, Spenceraike4190 said:

hello I m happy your interview is coming up next month, please what category of visa did you apply for, and did you wait for the embassy to contact you before you reschedule?

I wasn’t scheduled for an interview until now and Yh they contacted me

Timeline
19 hours ago, Orafu LAWRENCE said:

Hello please when did they reschedule your interview in Lagos because mine was supposed to be on March 26th 2020 but was cancelled due to consulate shutdown, please is there anything different I have to do or what ? Secondly bro get a new one to avoid issues Cos it stated it expires in 3 months time on mine too

No, they’d contact you when a new date has been set ! Yeah I think I might just have to get a new one to avoid issues 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.