grrrrlygrrrl

Common Last Name - Anyone Else Have Experience To Share?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all!

Does anyone out there with one of those VERY common U.S.A. Surnames have any Visa Journey experiences to share?

I've just filed I-130/I-129F Spousal Visa and in order to cause the least amount of confusion with the already long process have not changed my last name after my marriage.... so therefore have an extremely common name.....

Have you Joneses, Smiths and Browns had any experiences you'd like to share?

I know that several times when renting a car at the TO Airport, they've had to go through their lists of people who share my name before they would give me the car.....

It makes me wonder what kind of speed bumps I can expect in this Visa journey? Despite providing all of the necessary documentation....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We have a very common name...too common, but we were very detailed in our paperwork and we followed every checklist and added even more than what was required. It was all kept very well together in a binder so that no loose ends could get lost. It has not caused us any problems so far because once you file, you are no loner a "smith" or "Jones"... you simply become a case number. When you e-mail the consulate, always head your subject line with your case number and always put that in the body of your e-mail as well. This will help them to establish exactly which case you are at all times despite the name. I hope this helps you some.

I edit for spell check lol

Edited by Rings

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.