Wes272

CRBA while in U.S.

22 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

Yes, I brought everything in duplicate to have notarized, one to send to my fiance and one to keep in my files. My bank president was shocked that they needed so much notarized.

They say "only send copies", which I did but my fiance had to bring originals for the interview. 

Be sure and check and double check for ALL supporting documents as I missed sending the DS-3053, which gives my authorization to release his passport. 

Whose information goes on the DS-3053?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, ChrisT4R said:

Whose information goes on the DS-3053?

I should have noted... this is only needed if one parent is not going to be present. The non attending parent information

16 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

I should have noted... this is only needed if one parent is not going to be present. The non attending parent information

Did you only send the DS-5507 or with the DS-2029?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ChrisT4R said:

Did you only send the DS-5507 or with the DS-2029?

Both of them. 

Follow Hanks info... CRBA - Visa Connection Philippines

He gives step by step on what to send.

Timeline
On 10/19/2020 at 8:11 PM, AlaMike said:

I sent all documents that were needed from me including the DS-2029 and DS5507. Included originals as well as copies, all my fiancé has to do is add our sons birth certificate and photos and send it to the Embassy.  The instructions for the DS-2029 gives a complete list of everything needed and check list that has to be signed.

Our only issue is the time it took to get PSA birth certificate ( 2 months).

Hope this helps, good luck.

How did you send the documents to the Philippines? I'm planning to send my tax returns and it is a really heavy pile of paperwork. I have used DHL before but those manila envelopes can only hold a few pages and are about $80 to send each time.

Also, did you just photocopy each page of your passport and have the notary stamp and sign the first page (information page of passport)?

Thanks

Timeline
2 hours ago, Trompie said:

How did you send the documents to the Philippines? I'm planning to send my tax returns and it is a really heavy pile of paperwork. I have used DHL before but those manila envelopes can only hold a few pages and are about $80 to send each time.

Also, did you just photocopy each page of your passport and have the notary stamp and sign the first page (information page of passport)?

Thanks

I sent all paperwork via DHL. You are able to track the shipment from end to end, they do not use 3rd party carriers. Not sure about others but I guessed it was not the time to worry about a few dollars.

Yes, copied each page of my passport and had each page notarized, as they requested.

Also, if you are not going to be present be sure to include DS3053 which gives your consent to release the passport to the mother. I forgot this and it cost me about 3 week delay in getting passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.