Mavy Rakkail

Us embassy/ jerusalem

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

i requested to expedite and I received an email on October 1st that says “expedite approved”. My case status was “in transit” then “ready” on October 6th. but i had no email from the embassy regarding appointment date! 
i sent the embassy an email asking and they replied “i should register before I schedule my own interview date!”.

I registered, and scheduled my interview date, all i got was a bunch of automated emails and the appointment confirmation letter(which i printed).

Now i go on the embassy’s checklist over and over and i read i should have two things: 

1- “embassy’s appointment letter/ which I don’t have because I scheduled my own appointment ” and

2- “ appointment confirmation email/ which i have”.

** Should i be worried or am i fine?
** When i must do the medical examination i must bring embassy’s interview letter or is the confirmation letter enough? 

** when should i pay appointment fees ? And can my spouse pay them online from the US? 

thank you all and i’m sorry for the long thread

174B8C1D-311E-48EC-AE1E-76EEFDB66D52.jpeg

BD381640-3000-4AB7-B14D-3D873456E898.jpeg

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
On 10/6/2020 at 8:46 PM, Mavy Rakkail said:

Hello everyone, 

i requested to expedite and I received an email on October 1st that says “expedite approved”. My case status was “in transit” then “ready” on October 6th. but i had no email from the embassy regarding appointment date! 
i sent the embassy an email asking and they replied “i should register before I schedule my own interview date!”.

I registered, and scheduled my interview date, all i got was a bunch of automated emails and the appointment confirmation letter(which i printed).

Now i go on the embassy’s checklist over and over and i read i should have two things: 

1- “embassy’s appointment letter/ which I don’t have because I scheduled my own appointment ” and

2- “ appointment confirmation email/ which i have”.

** Should i be worried or am i fine?
** When i must do the medical examination i must bring embassy’s interview letter or is the confirmation letter enough? 

** when should i pay appointment fees ? And can my spouse pay them online from the US? 

thank you all and i’m sorry for the long thread

174B8C1D-311E-48EC-AE1E-76EEFDB66D52.jpeg

BD381640-3000-4AB7-B14D-3D873456E898.jpeg

Hey, our case was expedited too! Did you find out anything on this situation? Any tips on what my husband and I should do? Thanks a bunch!!

12 minutes ago, TampaRishon said:

Hey, our case was expedited too! Did you find out anything on this situation? Any tips on what my husband and I should do? Thanks a bunch!!

Hey! I actually received my visa. 
1- appointment confirmation letter is the email you get after you register your appointment date. Print it, and keep in contact with the embassy. I sent multiple emails to the embassy to make sure I scheduled it and everything is okay, i asked about my police certificate if the embassy received it or not, so make sure everything is ready. 
2- you should schedule your own medical examination once you set your appointment date, there is a list of doctors you can visit on the embassy's website. I guess it takes 10 days for medical examination to be sent from the doctor to embassy.  
3- you pay fees before you leave the country to the US to get your green card ready once you are in the US. You can pay them after you arrive the US too but in this case your green card will take longer. You can pay fees or your spouse “if in the US” or anyone else as long as you have an alien registration number in which you obtain within your visa envelope. 
any questions i’d be glad to help

good luck

Edited by Mavy Rakkail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mavy Rakkail said:

Hey! I actually received my visa. 
1- appointment confirmation letter is the email you get after you register your appointment date. Print it, and keep in contact with the embassy. I sent multiple emails to the embassy to make sure I scheduled it and everything is okay, i asked about my police certificate if the embassy received it or not, so make sure everything is ready. 
2- you should schedule your own medical examination once you set your appointment date, there is a list of doctors you can visit on the embassy's website. I guess it takes 10 days for medical examination to be sent from the doctor to embassy.  
3- you pay fees before you leave the country to the US to get your green card ready once you are in the US. You can pay them after you arrive the US too but in this case your green card will take longer. You can pay fees or your spouse “if in the US” or anyone else as long as you have an alien registration number in which you obtain within your visa envelope. 
any questions i’d be glad to help

good luck

I will definitely ask more questions as we go along. 
Thanks for the information about the medical stuff. I was wondering how long we scheduled it before the interview. :) 
I will keep in touch with you. My husband, the beneficiary, is extremely anxious about everything and he’s pretty hilarious. So hearing from people about what to expect definitely calms him 😂🙃☺️

4 minutes ago, TampaRishon said:

I will definitely ask more questions as we go along. 
Thanks for the information about the medical stuff. I was wondering how long we scheduled it before the interview. :) 
I will keep in touch with you. My husband, the beneficiary, is extremely anxious about everything and he’s pretty hilarious. So hearing from people about what to expect definitely calms him 😂🙃☺️

The whole process was stressful tbh but the interview part was the easiest imo. 
Keep in touch with the embassy too they are very helpful and they reply really fast!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.