JK2019

N-400, file uploads keep disappearing

3 posts in this topic

Having a lot of problems uploading the evidence docs online.  Notice that after logging out and signing in that the uploaded docs don't show up in the evidence area.  It's as if I didn't upload anything at all but I uploaded plenty.  My understanding is the website is supposed to save the information up 30 days and allows the applicant to return and review at later time.  I only started filling in out yesterday.

I used Chrome last night so I decided to try Firefox today.  After uploading the GC and marriage cert a second time along with other stuff I logged off.  When I sign back in to check the area is blanked again.  Is anyone having similar issue?  Do docs uploading have to be at the same session as reviewing the application?  Any tips would be appreciated.  Thanks!

-JK

This happened to me while I was in the middle of filling the form. Whenever I log back in the stuff I filled out on the forms stayed but the documents I uploaded disappear every time. I think it's just buggy? I suggest to just fill out the entire form and just upload all the files you want to send when you're about to finalize everything and ready to actually file the application. When you finalize it, it will list all the documents that will go with your form so you'll know if they're attached to your application or not.

Also, once you do file the N-400 and USCIS notifies you that they're working on it, a tab will appear on your account where you can add more documents should you forget some when you initially sent out your application. I didn't necessarily forget anything from when I filed mine but decided to add more evidences to my case so I just uploaded them a few days after I initially filed the form online.

Good luck! :)

May 31, 2017 - POE: Seattle (B-2 Visa)

June 9, 2017 - Got married!

-

04.12.2018 - AOS packet (I-130 & I-485) sent with G-1145

04.24.2018 - Received NOA for I-130 & I-481 via txt & e-mail; Checks cashed

05.17.2018 - Biometrics Appointment (I-485)

11.13.2018 - Interview Scheduled

12.18.2018 - Interview Done @ Denver, CO Field Office : APPROVED on the spot

During the interview, I expressed my concern to the officer about my EAD/AP card and why I haven't heard anything about it 'til now. He confirms that my application for it wasn't even on their system. (Eh!!?)

I didn't ask any more about it though since he said I should be receiving my conditional GC in the mail soon and an EAD & AP would be useless at this point. ._.

12.21.2018 - 2-year Conditional Green Card received in the mail [validity: 12.18.2018 - 12.18.2020]

-

10.01.2019 - Moved to Rhode Island while husband is deployed to S.Korea

-

09.12.2020 - Changed address on USCIS website

09.14.2020 - Filed N-400 online (qualified under INA 319(b)); Called USCIS military help line to request expedite of application

09.15.2020 - Case received & application is being reviewed

09.21.2020 - Sent another request for expedite (via e-mail)

09.22.2020 - Expedite Request Approved. Received a call from Providence, RI Application Support Center: Scheduled Biometrics Appointment for 10.06.2020 & Scheduled Interview (tentatively) for 10.09.2020

09.24.2020 - Scheduled Biometrics Appointment (hard copy received)

10.02.2020 - I-751 sent with G-1145

10.06.2020 - Biometrics Appointment (N-400)

10.16.2020 - Received NOA for I-751 via txt; Credit Card charged

10.26.2020 - Received NOA , Biometrics reused

11.02.2020 - Interview scheduled for both I-751 & N-400

11.03.2020 - Interview Done @ Providence, RI Filed Office: APPROVED w/ same day Oath Ceremony - I'm officially a US Citizen! :D

On 9/18/2020 at 1:39 AM, Pumpkin said:

This happened to me while I was in the middle of filling the form. Whenever I log back in the stuff I filled out on the forms stayed but the documents I uploaded disappear every time. I think it's just buggy? I suggest to just fill out the entire form and just upload all the files you want to send when you're about to finalize everything and ready to actually file the application. When you finalize it, it will list all the documents that will go with your form so you'll know if they're attached to your application or not.

Also, once you do file the N-400 and USCIS notifies you that they're working on it, a tab will appear on your account where you can add more documents should you forget some when you initially sent out your application. I didn't necessarily forget anything from when I filed mine but decided to add more evidences to my case so I just uploaded them a few days after I initially filed the form online.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the tips!  Ended up uploading everything a third time and submitted during the same session.  Like you said the list of docs were listed in the snapshot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.