Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am a US citizen petitioning my   wife and my  minor child.I already have an approved  petition for my wife and one of  my 2 children. We are just waiting for the interview date. Question is : do i have to file a separate I 130 for my daughter  although I included her name  on the  form I 130 to leave together with her mother.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)

Yes, you have to file a separate I-130 for your daughter.  When a US citizen petitions for a spouse, only the spouse can get a visa since derivative beneficiaries are not allowed.


Listing your daughter on the I-130 does not include her in the petition.  It's merely biographical information relating to your wife.


Get going and file the I-130 for your daughter.  Include the case information about your wife and request an expedite.  

Be prepared for your wife to immigrate without your daughter.  Once she gets her green card, she can return home to care for your daughter.  Alternatively, you can delay your wife's interview.  

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...