strandedlost

Student loans, I-864(affidavit of support), ex wants me deported

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

As you all know of my story, my ex and her family want me deported extremely bad (can't understand why they keep persisiting in this)

Im about at the end of this and am either going to do 1 of two things.

-Move to another state

-Move back to my country

I have over $25,000 in student loans, now if i decide to go back to my home country and never return (because im getting sick of them, have to hang around until divorce is final as i dont want to try and do a divorce through mail/phone correspondance)

WHO would have to pay the student debt if i leave the country??? the sponsor or me??? i dont know if this comes into the I-864 or not.

Im clueless on this issue, maybe if they find out that they'll be responsible for paying my massive student loan they'll leave me alone and not bother me anymore.

Anyone know about the rule/law on this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Most student loans are not considered to be a public charge benefit and are not covered by the I-864, the burden to repay the loan remains on the person getting the load, not the supporter.

If you left the country and default on the loan the loan company or if it was a government loan then the taxpayers would end up eating your debt.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

strandedlost,

You are responsible for your student loan debt, along with anyone who may have co-signed the loan papers with you or otherwise guaranteed the loans.

I-864 is a contract between your sponsor and the government to provide you with a minimum level of income, it is not a contract to pay your debts.

Yodrak

As you all know of my story, my ex and her family want me deported extremely bad (can't understand why they keep persisiting in this)

Im about at the end of this and am either going to do 1 of two things.

-Move to another state

-Move back to my country

I have over $25,000 in student loans, now if i decide to go back to my home country and never return (because im getting sick of them, have to hang around until divorce is final as i dont want to try and do a divorce through mail/phone correspondance)

WHO would have to pay the student debt if i leave the country??? the sponsor or me??? i dont know if this comes into the I-864 or not.

Im clueless on this issue, maybe if they find out that they'll be responsible for paying my massive student loan they'll leave me alone and not bother me anymore.

Anyone know about the rule/law on this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.