A&A

Help with Divorce Decree plz

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

A&A,

She needs the divorce certificate, typically only 1 or 2 pages long, not the divorce settlement. The certificate will say only that the divorce is granted effective such and such a date, the settlement will describe in detail how the marital assets are to be divided between the two people.

The document that you mentions sounds more like the settlement given its' length, although the certificate may be the 1st page or 2 of it.

Yodrak

my fiancee (the petitioner) have her original divorce decree and its about 30 pages , how we copy it, should we copy it all or just first page or what??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
A&A,

She needs the divorce certificate, typically only 1 or 2 pages long, not the divorce settlement. The certificate will say only that the divorce is granted effective such and such a date, the settlement will describe in detail how the marital assets are to be divided between the two people.

The document that you mentions sounds more like the settlement given its' length, although the certificate may be the 1st page or 2 of it.

Yodrak

my fiancee (the petitioner) have her original divorce decree and its about 30 pages , how we copy it, should we copy it all or just first page or what??

we even dont know, but what if we make copy all of it ...is it will coz any problems becuase this only what we have ..very big file contains about 30 pages.

AOS

Sent..... 7/18/2008

NOA1.....7/28/2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just copy the whole thing if it is easier for you. I asked for divorce certificate, and it also had $ amounts of who got what. It did not cause any problems for me.

I just wanna know is it valid like that or we should get the other certificate , what we have is the original court papers with the final date (big file)

AOS

Sent..... 7/18/2008

NOA1.....7/28/2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.