DSB27

Anyone Know How CEAC Visa Status Check Updates?

4 posts in this topic

I completed the DS-260 on CEAC and submitted all the required civil and financial documents for myself and sponsors shortly after. However, when I go to the Visa Status Check tool (https://ceac.state.gov/) I'm told that my DS-260 has been received and the next step for me is to submit the other already-submitted documents. The documents say submitted in the actual CEAC portal. I called the NVC and the lady I spoke to didn't even know that the NVC had a visa status check tool... 🙄

It also says to mail or email the documents, which contradicts what the NVC has told me elsewhere about uploading the documents directly.

Anyone know anything about this?

Capture.PNG

Edited by DSB27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, DSB27 said:

I completed the DS-260 on CEAC and submitted all the required civil and financial documents for myself and sponsors shortly after. However, when I go to the Visa Status Check tool (https://ceac.state.gov/) I'm told that my DS-260 has been received and the next step for me is to submit the other already-submitted documents. The documents say submitted in the actual CEAC portal. I called the NVC and the lady I spoke to didn't even know that the NVC had a visa status check tool... 🙄

Anyone know anything about this?

Capture.PNG

Not sure what  your concern is regarding .. the NVC tier 1 operator doesn’t have anything to do with the case tracker site and really doesn’t  need to even know about it. They see what is on your CEAC case and what you see on the CEAC case login. If you have already uploaded the documents you won’t see any  case status change until it is ready to be sent to the consulate .. documentarily qualified  or case complete 

Edited by Lil bear

3 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Not sure what  your concern is regarding .. the NVC tier 1 operator doesn’t have anything to do with the case tracker site and really doesn’t  need to even know about it. They see what is on your CEAC case and what you see on the CEAC case login. If you have already uploaded the documents you won’t see any  case status change until it is ready to be sent to the consulate .. documentarily qualified  or case complete 

CEAC's case portal says that I have submitted all of the required documents. CEAC's visa status update page says that I have not submitted all of the required documents.

My concern is that I need to know whether or not I have submitted all of the required documents.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, DSB27 said:

CEAC's case portal says that I have submitted all of the required documents. CEAC's visa status update page says that I have not submitted all of the required documents.

My concern is that I need to know whether or not I have submitted all of the required documents.

The CEAC portal.  
The case tracker site is not always up to date nor does it reflect intermediary steps like having submitted documents .. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.