RGNSCOT

I NEED HELP

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

HI ALL hope your all having a good day i need your help :crying::crying::crying: seems im a criminal :crying::crying: i have a motoring offence on my police file......... will this stop me getting my visa :help::help: i,m sitting shaking got the letter in this morning now i,m waiting on the one from scotland yard which should be here before my interview i didnt think minor offences were recorded and wasnt to worried but now........ OMG let me know ta agnesx

2007-10-23...mailed AOS EAD AP

2007-10-29...finally arrived in chicago

2007-11-02...NOA1 notice date

2007-11-23...the dreaded RFE comes...dated Nov 19th

2007-11-24...returned RFE by USPS

2007-11-29...biometrics in buffalo

2007-11-29...touched

2007-12-18...mailed another copy of RFE, delivery confirmation.. just in case they did'nt get first one

2007-12-29...email stating transfer to CSC woohoo

2008-01-02...AOS touched

2008-01-09...AOS touched..stating transfer and pending at CSC.

2008-01-10...AOS touched

2008-01-11...AOS touched

2008-01-11...EAD touched..stating card production ordered... woohoo.

2008-01-11...AP touched

2008-01-16...AP approved

2008-01-18...EAD touch... stating card production ordered..AGAIN

2008-01-22...EAD touch... stating card sent

2008-01-22...EAD and AP delivered by mailman yeaha....

2008-04-08...Infopass appointment......then by magic... GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED....am i dreaming???

2008-04-14... Received WELCOME TO AMERICA letter

2008-04-15...Received my GREENCARD.... wooohoooo

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE... THANK YOU LORD..

I thought that minor traffic violations weren't taken into account. Do you mind saying what the violation was?

Might be time to call the Visa Extortion Line up in Scotland for clarification on this.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline
I thought that minor traffic violations weren't taken into account. Do you mind saying what the violation was?

Might be time to call the Visa Extortion Line up in Scotland for clarification on this.

HI MAVEN, 1993 i bumped another car .... to cut a long story short.... i found out i had no insurance i had let it lapse so i had to tell plice. they charged me under ROAD TRAFFIC ACT i had points on my licence and £ 200 fine how sad am i?? me the professional... i,m a nurse and i know i dont have any serious convictions but i,m sick to the stomach about this now

oh what is the visa extortion line????? ta agnes x

2007-11-29...touched

2007-12-18...mailed another copy of RFE, delivery confirmation.. just in case they did'nt get first one

2008-01-02...AOS touched

2008-01-10...AOS touched

2008-01-11...AOS touched

2008-01-11...AP touched

2008-01-16...AP approved

2008-04-08...Infopass appointment......then by magic... GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED....am i dreaming???

hmm...Dan said he didn't have any motoring offenses on his, and he's had tickets, etc. in the past. I can't imagine this being an issue, but I think you should follow maven's advice and call just to double check AND ease your mind.

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

Agnes -- I really don't think this is going to be a problem. If it will set your mind at ease, try calling the premium rate number (one of the few times I would actually recommend it over the US-based Dept of State number): 09042-450-100. It is £1.20/min. Make sure that you let them know the nature of your offence.

I am almost completely certain this will NOT be a problem. It is very old and is a motor vehicle offence that didn't involve alcohol or injury. Good luck and let us know how you fare. We're pulling for you! :thumbs:

Edited by elmcitymaven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Timeline

I think you're panicking for nothing. It's a motoring offense, not really a serious one at that, and I don't think not having insurance is even an arrestable offense here or there.

I do not see that this is a CIMT and I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Read this for clarification:

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0940021aN.pdf

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

DOS/USCIS don't care about traffic violations. I take it you weren't arrested for this? If you just got a fine and points on your license its a non issue.

Timeline
I think you're panicking for nothing. It's a motoring offense, not really a serious one at that, and I don't think not having insurance is even an arrestable offense here or there.

I do not see that this is a CIMT and I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Read this for clarification:

HI AND THANKS.... HAD A LOOK AT THAT SITE BUT WILL STILL BE PANICKING OVER THIS thats just me........ i,m paying the price for my procrastination :angry::angry::angry: will worry till my interview and then i,ll find something else to worry about :wacko::wacko:

2007-11-29...touched

2008-01-02...AOS touched

2008-01-10...AOS touched

2008-01-11...AOS touched

2008-01-11...AP touched

2008-01-16...AP approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

HI AND THANKS.... HAD A LOOK AT THAT SITE BUT WILL STILL BE PANICKING OVER THIS thats just me........ i,m paying the price for my procrastination :angry::angry::angry: will worry till my interview and then i,ll find something else to worry about :wacko::wacko:

I wouldnt worry about it as it is a minor issue. Make sure however that you have a copy of the magistrates court record of the case to support the police record, that way you are being seen to be open and also complying with the requirements to produce court records. I also have a driving offence which was undue care and attention, simple points and a fine, in this day of cameras everywhere I'm surprised if anyone doesn't have some form of driving offence on their record.

I wouldn't bother with the extorsion line as the advice on here is as good as you will receive from them and a damn site cheaper, min call price will be near to £7 for your quick enquiry.

Good Luck

Don't worry about stuff you have no control over. This is a motoring offense and not a serious one at that.

Plus...even if they do require a waiver, which they won't, go take a look at the waiver forum sometime and see the kind of stuff that gets waivered. Way, way, way worse. So...CHILLAX, chica! You have nothing to worry about IMHO.

Timeline
DOS/USCIS don't care about traffic violations. I take it you weren't arrested for this? If you just got a fine and points on your license its a non issue.

no was,nt arrested iwent to police and told them my situation. the officer said he would have to charge me with the offence. only got a fine and points on my licence nearly died when i read THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS HELD IN THE FOLLOWING CATAGORY...SCOTTISH CRIMINAL RECORDS OFFICE COMPUTER

IT FREAKED ME OUT I CAN TELL YOU :crying::crying:

2007-11-29...touched

2008-01-02...AOS touched

2008-01-10...AOS touched

2008-01-11...AOS touched

2008-01-11...AP touched

2008-01-16...AP approved

no was,nt arrested iwent to police and told them my situation. the officer said he would have to charge me with the offence. only got a fine and points on my licence nearly died when i read THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS HELD IN THE FOLLOWING CATAGORY...SCOTTISH CRIMINAL RECORDS OFFICE COMPUTER

IT FREAKED ME OUT I CAN TELL YOU :crying::crying:

Hey, I understand! After my husband's medical we had to get a letter from his GP about his treatment for depression and I was freaking out, thinking we weren't going to get the visa.

The people here told me not to worry, pointed me to several links, and were very supportive. And you know what...they were 100% RIGHT!!!!

I know it's tough and it's easy enough for us to say not to worry, but some of us have been where you are now and we understand...it's stressful, scary, not easy to deal with. But trust us...you will be fine! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.