7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

For those of you who have been through the process and required an interview to remove the conditions of permanent residence, when did you get the interview notice. We are now at the point where we have received out biometrics notice, and my wife is going to day in fact to get her biometrics. I'm just wondering if we may still get an interview notice, or if we would have gotten that before the biometrics?

Thanks.

Lumpy

I-751

APR 19, 2007 I-751 mailed to VSC

MAY 15, 2007 Blue receipt

MAY 24, 2007 NOA (1-year extension notice)

MAY 28, 2007 Biometrics appointment notice

JUN 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment completed

JUN 11, 2007 touched

JUN 12, 2007 touched

JUN 20, 2007 touched (because of change of address, but still within VSC)

OCT 26, 2007 Card Production ordered

NOV 2, 2007 Approval Notice mailed to us

NOV 8, 2007 10-year Card received!!!

N400 Mailed to NSC. Local Field Office: Seattle

APR 9, 2008 N-400 application mailed

April 10, 2008 Priority date

April 14, 2008 check cashed

April 19, 2008 touched

April 21, 2008 Received NOA 1 dated April 16, 2008. Says interview will happen within 248 days.

May 5, 2008. Biometrics completed

Sep 22, 2008. IL received

Nov 18, 2008. Interview. Done!!! Passed!!!

Dec 3, 2008 Oath

Dec 5, 2008 Passport application submitted (with naturalization certificate)

Dec 13, 2008 Naturalization certificate received in the mail

Dec 15, 2008 US passport received in the mail.

Done!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
You will know you are not getting an interview when your wife's 10 year greencard arrives....... good luck

Kez

Kez,

Thanks for the reply. My question was more for those people who actually had an interview. I would like to know when they got the interview notice, before or after the biometrics. Thanks again.

Lumpy

I-751

APR 19, 2007 I-751 mailed to VSC

MAY 15, 2007 Blue receipt

MAY 24, 2007 NOA (1-year extension notice)

MAY 28, 2007 Biometrics appointment notice

JUN 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment completed

JUN 11, 2007 touched

JUN 12, 2007 touched

JUN 20, 2007 touched (because of change of address, but still within VSC)

OCT 26, 2007 Card Production ordered

NOV 2, 2007 Approval Notice mailed to us

NOV 8, 2007 10-year Card received!!!

N400 Mailed to NSC. Local Field Office: Seattle

APR 9, 2008 N-400 application mailed

April 10, 2008 Priority date

April 14, 2008 check cashed

April 19, 2008 touched

April 21, 2008 Received NOA 1 dated April 16, 2008. Says interview will happen within 248 days.

May 5, 2008. Biometrics completed

Sep 22, 2008. IL received

Nov 18, 2008. Interview. Done!!! Passed!!!

Dec 3, 2008 Oath

Dec 5, 2008 Passport application submitted (with naturalization certificate)

Dec 13, 2008 Naturalization certificate received in the mail

Dec 15, 2008 US passport received in the mail.

Done!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

My guess would be that if you are going to have an interview it would be the last step in the process of adjudicating your petition. Same as with AOS. So the biometrics would definitely come before you get the invitation for the interview.

Filed: Timeline
Hello,

For those of you who have been through the process and required an interview to remove the conditions of permanent residence, when did you get the interview notice. We are now at the point where we have received out biometrics notice, and my wife is going to day in fact to get her biometrics. I'm just wondering if we may still get an interview notice, or if we would have gotten that before the biometrics?

Thanks.

Lumpy

We submitted our I-751 in April, 2006. Some time in November of 2006 as soon my case happened to be outside of the processing dates I call Customer Service and made a request. About a month later we received a letter stating that our case had been randomly chosen for an interview and they were awaiting for scheduling from our local office. During the next 4 months I called a few times and made 2 or 3 requests. In the beginning of March, 2007 we received RFE. That was a big surprise! All the evidences we sent in April of 2006 didn’t fit in a regular envelop and we had to do a special sipping package (2 binders). It took about a month to put everything together and we sent a new package. My 12 months extension expired on April 21 of 2007. So, I made an INFO PASS appointment and drove to our local office (which is 4 hours away) to get my passport stamped on April 23 of this year. While being there I made a request on my case status but the lady who stamped my passport didn’t have any further information. So many people suggest scheduling an INFO PASS appointment to get an update on a case status. I just have to say that I would be very mad if I drove 8 hours to hear what I was told (nothing!!!!!!!) It wasn’t so bad for me because it wasn’t my main reason to go there. Two weeks late we received an interview invitation, which was conducted on May 23.

Filed: Timeline

Lumpy,

After. Biometrics is a routine thing that can be scheduled when the petition is received by USCIS. Deciding whether or not an interview should be held won't happen until the case is reviewed by a case officer. It'll spend some time on the shelf waiting its' turn before that happens.

Yodrak

You will know you are not getting an interview when your wife's 10 year greencard arrives....... good luck

Kez

Kez,

Thanks for the reply. My question was more for those people who actually had an interview. I would like to know when they got the interview notice, before or after the biometrics. Thanks again.

Lumpy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.