Nare

INTERVIEW

3 posts in this topic

Hi dears,

couple of questions:

1. my husband is a dual citizen of Armenia and Russia. We applied with his Armenian passport but also included his Russian passport in the application AND obtained police report from both Armenia and Russia. In his Armenian passport his name is Hayk (correct) in Russian passport its spelled Gaik (since in Russian there is no H letter). In the application where it asks have you used another name we put no, because it is the same name just spelled differently. Will this be an issue? What do we say? No way to update now?

2. His interview is Dec. 17. His Armenia police report is dated June 16,2019. So almost 6months. But his Russian is from October. Should we get a new one from Armenia? 

3. Any other tips for interview?

i have been in the sates since April. We communicate on Whatsapp. Is it ok to print our chat?

many thanks!!!

1 hour ago, Nare said:

Will this be an issue?

No

1 hour ago, Nare said:

What do we say?

You say: “It’s same name, just spell differently. There is no H in Russian. Viva Vladimir Putin. Long live Mother Russia!” .

People in that region of the world would know. No big deal. 

1 hour ago, Nare said:

Should we get a new one from Armenia?

I think you’re ok on that one.

1 hour ago, Nare said:

Is it ok to print our chat?

Yes, but don’t bring in a thousand pages of love notes. No one wants to read that. Print selected few pages spread out through the duration of the relationship.

Bring evidence of all the trips/ face time together.

Bring joint tax filing if you have some.

Any joint financial things? Checking account? Credit cards?

Dear,

thanks so much!! This was very helpful.

i am also thinking of getting an affidavit from a friend who happens to be the deputy ambassador of Armenia to the US in Washington DC to say that he confirms our marriage. We also have photos together with him his wife (my friend) and my husband.

what do you think?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.