Peter and Kat

Required to upload documents we've already submitted

8 posts in this topic

Hi! I was wondering if anybody here has been through the same thing. 

We are currently filing for CR1. We already have an interview date so we're just compiling our documents to bring to the interview. 

Today we received an email from IV Manila (Philippines) with a checklist of things to bring. Included in that checklist are additional documents we have to upload to ceac.

So it turns out two boxes are ticked in red. One is for Cenomar (advisory on marriage) and the other is for IRS tax transcript. Both of these files have been uploaded and are marked accepted on CEAC. What does it mean? Do I have to re upload the same documents that have been accepted at NVC

Thank you in advance. Any insight from people who have experienced the same thing is much welcome. 🙂

Yes, we received similar request from Lima embassy. Our marriage certificate was uploaded during NVC stage and accepted. But email from embassy states it is missing and we must “scan onto system”, which I presume means upload to CEAC. We also need to bring along the original to the interview. I replied to embassy email asking for clarification on how to upload. And I also intend to call NVC today. 

40D8AD0F-45FF-400C-989A-FBD46A6FD29E.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Percy said:

Yes, we received similar request from Lima embassy. Our marriage certificate was uploaded during NVC stage and accepted. But email from embassy states it is missing and we must “scan onto system”, which I presume means upload to CEAC. We also need to bring along the original to the interview. I replied to embassy email asking for clarification on how to upload. And I also intend to call NVC today. 

40D8AD0F-45FF-400C-989A-FBD46A6FD29E.jpeg

Has your embassy replied? I've tried calling mine with no luck. I also emailed them asking for a clarification. 

39 minutes ago, Percy said:

No, I sent the email last night. My wife, who is in Peru will try calling embassy today. In the meantime, I may just upload again to CEAC

Thank you. I was thinking of doing the same thing as well. I'd rather be safe than sorry

28 minutes ago, Percy said:

Yes, hopefully they will see it before the interview which is in Wednesday. Very odd that they claim it is “missing” when I can still view the accepted document on CEAC. I actually uploaded a PDF and JPEG of every civil document. Perhaps that confused them. 

I'm very confused as well. I also rechecked if I uploaded those documents they asked for. Nothing seems to be missing, otherwise we wouldn't be documentarily qualified, right? It all seems so redundant but oh well, better give them what they want rather than risk getting denied. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.