Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am no where near this stage yet, but one day I will be 😁

 If I am planning on living in the same house as my Fiancés mother for the first few years, what evidence could I gather that I reside there when I apply for my AOS? I wouldn’t be on on deeds or mortgage bills or anything like that. But if there is/was anyone else in this situation what did you do? 

Thanks ☺️

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

They don’t really care if you’re owning or renting but it never hurts to provide more info.  They just need to know where all your addresses were.


If you want to provide something - I would suggest a signed letter from your Fiancé’s mother noting that you are her son-in-law and are residing there for the foreseeable future and a copy of a mortgage bill or deed that identifies she owns the property and/or is paying the mortgage.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...