MariellJoes

Dual citizenship mistake CR1 application!?

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey! My husband sent out the i30 form almost a month ago and they received it. 

I reside legally in Germany but I have two passports, one is Venezuelan and one is Colombian. My Venezuelan passport has a b1/b2 visa since many years and I used this one to travel to the US before applying for the visa. Once I came back we applied for it. But we decided we wanted the spouse visa on my Colombian passport (the german immigration office recognizes me now as a Colombian citizen due to my Venezuelan passport expiring soon and my country not renewing passports). So when we sent the application we sent a photo of my Colombian passport and also my birth certificate but we forgot to tell them I have two citizenships and the other passport has a valid tourist visa and I have travelled to the US with it and has a stamp, while the Colombian passport has 0 stamps on it! We did send an invitation letter my husband wrote me for the last time I travelled saying I am a national of Venezuela... when i travelled out of Germany and back I did show them I had two passports, yet the only stamp I got was the US one in the one that has the American visa. 

now we are super worried the USCIS will see this as sketchy and will deny this to us! What do we do?!!!!

TIA 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.