JeffinSeoul

No reciept notice to physical address or email. Do I need to request another one?

6 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I live in Korea right now, and I filled out an I-130 for my wife. I included my sisters physical address in the USA as well as form G-1145 to get electronic notifications. I heard nothing so called the USCIS hotline. I was told that my package and been received and that they sent a receipt notice. My sister hasn't seen a letter and I can't find an email, including junk/spam folders. On the call we confirmed my physical and email address and it was correct. 

I was able to get my receipt number over the phone and can now see my case using the online tools. But I noticed it said this. "The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice

I was so excited to get me receipt number I didn't think to ask them to resend the receipt notice, and they didn't offer. Does the receipt notice have important information that I can't find online or do I just need my receipt number. Do I need to call back and ask them to resend it? With the time difference it's a pain in the ###. 

I also read on a legal website, that it's "an official government document and must be kept in a safe place". They also said it's costly and takes a long time to replace.

Thanks for any help

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 hours ago, JeffinSeoul said:

Hi, 

I live in Korea right now, and I filled out an I-130 for my wife. I included my sisters physical address in the USA as well as form G-1145 to get electronic notifications. I heard nothing so called the USCIS hotline. I was told that my package and been received and that they sent a receipt notice. My sister hasn't seen a letter and I can't find an email, including junk/spam folders. On the call we confirmed my physical and email address and it was correct. 

I was able to get my receipt number over the phone and can now see my case using the online tools. But I noticed it said this. "The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice

I was so excited to get me receipt number I didn't think to ask them to resend the receipt notice, and they didn't offer. Does the receipt notice have important information that I can't find online or do I just need my receipt number. Do I need to call back and ask them to resend it? With the time difference it's a pain in the ###. 

I also read on a legal website, that it's "an official government document and must be kept in a safe place". They also said it's costly and takes a long time to replace.

Thanks for any help

On the petition - Your physical address is Korea, mailing address is in the US?

• 4 weeks later...

1-800-375-5283

If you are overseas too, you can use skype to call 1800 numbers for free. 

To actually talk to a real person, the menu options are 1,1,2,2 

I never got either an email or physical mail. To resend the email, you have to talk to a supervisor and the only way to do that is that they have to call you back. They don't callback overseas, so not an option for me. 

I gave them a second email address, so that's probably a good idea. 

From the post office website, we can see that I got a letter about three weeks after my package was received, but it wasn't delivered. Went to the post office to ask why/where is the letter now and was told that they can literally give no information about it. Not that they don't know, but that they aren't allowed to tell us - completely useless. 

USCIS also told me that there are no instructions on the 130 receipt notice. You just need the receipt notice number to create an online account

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.