J Laredo

Cuidad Juarez online appointment website functioning correctly?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The online interview scheduling tells me there are no appointments available and to try later. My husband was denied and I submitted new evidence. I just received a letter that he needs to schedule a second interview. I can see where they have opened it up for us on the website to do so, but it says Juarez has no appointments available and to try again later. I don’t have experience with this since we received the appointment from them by email  the first time. Does anybody know what this means and if it will actually open up at some point? 

Timeline

It might be because Juarez has a long list for interviews. I’ve seen people wait a long time to get their interview. I would contact the consulate and check at various times of the day to see if there’s an opening for an interview since some people might cancel! Good luck.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kumar01 said:

Normally, as I've seen before in other cases, a second interview is generally issued personally to you. The first interview is scheduled online, while a second one (if denied at the first interview) is done more on a case-by-case basis generally through email (or sometimes even by phone). So, it's not going to be as formal as the first time around. Long story short, get in touch with the consulate and ask for details. I'm not convinced that you have to go through the online procedures to set a second interview after a failed first.

They scheduled our first interview for us, in 2018. We were approved in Jan 2018 and our appointment was  in July 2018. In admin processing for 5 months before ridiculous denial. This time they’re telling us to make the appointment online ourselves. I can see where we can, on a link which wasn’t there before (on the CSRA site where they give you info on how to send documents etc)  but it says they have no appointments available, just keep trying. Calling the phone number that they give in the letter is a joke. It’s merely an information line. I tried to call the embassy directly and they didn’t listen and three times in a row  they actually connected me with the same phone information line which ends nowhere. Geez. Freaking endless loop. I called the fourth time and got the message that they were closed, so I guess I just got them at quitting time! i’ll try again tomorrow but they make it so darn hard to find out any info directly, even when they’re supposedly inviting you that make another interview appointment. Wish I could get a phone number where I could actually talk to a person about what to do. Thanks for the ideas, if you have any other suggestions please offer them! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Adrianadomin said:

It might be because Juarez has a long list for interviews. I’ve seen people wait a long time to get their interview. I would contact the consulate and check at various times of the day to see if there’s an opening for an interview since some people might cancel! Good luck.

Gosh, hope you’re right and we actually get an appointment sometime! I can’t get a phone number to talk to a real person. I did call a number that I found for the consulate and got a representative but three times in a row they patched me over to the same information line that was listed in the letter, before I had a chance to tell them what I needed to know. Just cut me off. That number is just recorded information on visa types. which is an informational recording about who is eligible  for different visas. The fourth time in the road that I called, I got they “we’re closed”  recording. Maybe I just caught them when they wanted out! I will totally take your advice and keep checking all the time. When we had our first appointment it took 5  months to get it after our approval date, but that’s when they scheduled it for us and then just notified us of when it was. That was in early 2018. This is new for us. Thanks! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.