Caladan

We Have Conquered the EAD Stamp

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Lol.... I told hubby last night and this was his response - " I coulda lived without that information thanks!" :blink:

Tee hee.. It should be noted we live 1 1/2 hrs from Boston :)

Ah well!! Good for you guys for being persistent and for posting your success!! Hopefully others will also be able to do the same thing!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

We won't be doing the whole AOS thing until we get married, which isn't for another seven weeks or so. But oh, the thrill and joy of filling out forms all over again. I can't wait to fill out the G-325A, it's like lollies at the circus.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Tackled C. and made him tell me more. Terminal E, "International Arrivals", "it's an office on the side when you go in."

Thanks very much If my flight time allows I'll be seeking out that office in terminal E to find the elusive EAD stamp :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
When I do go I'll be making my POE at Halifax Nova Scotia and flying onto Boston then Denver to Spokane . If I go to Immigration at Logan International I'll get my EAD stamp Could you possibly give me an idea just where Immigration is at Logan and also does one pay for this stamp when given

Thank you

You won't get a stamp in Boston, because you will clear US Customs at the PFI in Halifax.

I have yet to hear that any airport in Canada gives the temp EAD stamp.

Caladan cleared at Peace Bridge no stamp given there either. Now that you mention it I am going to ask at Halifax for it when I make my POE. They have only been certified as a US POE since Jan. so I may just luck out there and receive it. If not then I'll try Boston if flight time allows me to run around

I love these success stories, lol! Hey ... Caladan ... you said you weren't going to apply for AOS until after the wedding in 7 weeks. You do know of course that it takes about 3 months to get the EAD which means that if you wait that long there is a great possibility that C. will not be able to work continuously, right?

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Yeah, we know. No way around it because of scheduling the church wedding and needing him here now to take care of the pre-cana wedding stuff with the church, unfortunately. But C. works for a seismic exploration firm, and he basically drills holes and handles dynamite, and they work in contracts, basically. So it shouldn't be a problem for him to work the rest of this month (they start next week) till the wedding, then through August, then take a couple months off, then return to work. (He's working for a different branch of the same firm that he did in Canada, so they're used to him, and used to their employees needing time off.)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Yeah, we know. No way around it because of scheduling the church wedding and needing him here now to take care of the pre-cana wedding stuff with the church, unfortunately. But C. works for a seismic exploration firm, and he basically drills holes and handles dynamite, and they work in contracts, basically. So it shouldn't be a problem for him to work the rest of this month (they start next week) till the wedding, then through August, then take a couple months off, then return to work. (He's working for a different branch of the same firm that he did in Canada, so they're used to him, and used to their employees needing time off.)

Seems like a pretty nice deal to me!

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.