HakunaTakeda2018

DCF Santo Domingo

7 posts in this topic

My husband and I have just successfully completed the DCF process started in Santo Domingo. 

-I130 submitted 05/02/2019. 

-I130 Approval 07/05/2019 

With this notice we received basic information about scheduling biometrics and the interview. 

-Around 2 weeks later I scheduled the biometrics and interview. I could have done it sooner but I thought I had to pay visa fee money to schedule them. 

-Biometrics 08/26/2019

-Medical 08/27/2019

-Medical results picked up 09/04/2019

-Interview & approval 09/05/2019

Arrived at the Consulate around 7:30 am our appointment was for 8. Showed our appointment letter to the representative and immediately was sent through security. Entered the second building and received our number. Waited in line for about 25 minutes. Was called to the window and asked for my husbands birth cert, marriage cert,  police letter,  AOS application, tax transcripts, medical exam. Then she told us to go pay and bring her back the receipt. We went to the 3nd floor and paid $325 then brought her back the receipt. She made small talk and a few jokes and then told us where to go sit and wait for our number to be called. We waited for about 2 hours and we were finally called. I, the petitioner, was asked the circumstances of our relationship, how long we have known each other, how we met, if we have kids together, she jokingly asked if I was sure I wanted to bring my husband to the states. She asked him, in Spanish, how we met, who attended the wedding, if we had and where was our reception, what living arrangement did I have in Santo Domingo, how many rooms, what type of work I perform, where do our respective children live, do we have kids together, has he ever traveled to the US, has he traveled abroad before. Then she said we were approved and gave us the next steps sheet. We were never asked for a single photo or other proof of our relationship. They didn’t even ask for translations of the documents. When i gave them to the initial representative she handed them back to me. 🤷🏽‍♀️ We left the consulate around 10:40. 

-After the interview we were placed in administrative processing up until 09/11 when the status changed to issued. 

-Visa ready for pickup 09/12/2019

-Entry into the US via MCO 09/19/2019.

*Since I had worked abroad all last year my tax transcripts did not reflect the required amount of income to provide support. My current job that I started working in July pays more than enough so I guess that was all I needed. We were not asked to get a co sponsor. 

Hope this helps!

-

Edited by HakunaTakeda2018

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, When you submitted the i-130 petition, did you have to make an appointment, or did you just show up? I have been checking the "schedule an appointment site" for weeks and have found nothing. No available appointments...

Hello, 

You do have to make an appointment to submit the I-130 and supporting documents to immigration. If you do not have the appointment confirmation letter they will not allow you into the facility.  I understand it can be a long "checking" process but make sure you check early in the morning. I constantly checked the site between about 6 am and 9 am to see any changes but definitely keep looking.

In reference to translations, for the I130 I used an attorney in Santo Domingo to translate my documents. When I completed the interview packet I used an online company to complete the translations. For whatever reason at the consular interview the officer didn't even collect my translated documents. She only took the originals. Not sure why but I would definitely get EVERYTHING translated by a professional agency. 

Hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 9:53 AM, LFPB said:

Regards HakunaTakeda2018, I am in the same situation and I would like to know if you could orient me a little more about it. Do you have an email to ask you questions in this way? It would be very helpful for me.

Hello LFPB. I would be glad to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to message me up here on the site. 

Thank you! 

9 minutes ago, HakunaTakeda2018 said:

Hola LFPB Estaré encantado de responder cualquier pregunta que pueda tener. No dude en enviarme un mensaje aquí en el sitio. 

¡Gracias! 

Thank you very much Hakuna Takeda2018 ... I would really like to know what time elapsed after you deposited the I-130 at the embassy of Santo Domingo, to answer you ??? And what did they answer you? that is, what was the next step after the deposit of I-130 ???

On 9/21/2019 at 5:50 PM, HakunaTakeda2018 said:

My husband and I have just successfully completed the DCF process started in Santo Domingo. 

-I130 submitted 05/02/2019. 

-I130 Approval 07/05/2019 

With this notice we received basic information about scheduling biometrics and the interview. 

-Around 2 weeks later I scheduled the biometrics and interview. I could have done it sooner but I thought I had to pay visa fee money to schedule them. 

-Biometrics 08/26/2019

-Medical 08/27/2019

-Medical results picked up 09/04/2019

-Interview & approval 09/05/2019

Arrived at the Consulate around 7:30 am our appointment was for 8. Showed our appointment letter to the representative and immediately was sent through security. Entered the second building and received our number. Waited in line for about 25 minutes. Was called to the window and asked for my husbands birth cert, marriage cert,  police letter,  AOS application, tax transcripts, medical exam. Then she told us to go pay and bring her back the receipt. We went to the 3nd floor and paid $325 then brought her back the receipt. She made small talk and a few jokes and then told us where to go sit and wait for our number to be called. We waited for about 2 hours and we were finally called. I, the petitioner, was asked the circumstances of our relationship, how long we have known each other, how we met, if we have kids together, she jokingly asked if I was sure I wanted to bring my husband to the states. She asked him, in Spanish, how we met, who attended the wedding, if we had and where was our reception, what living arrangement did I have in Santo Domingo, how many rooms, what type of work I perform, where do our respective children live, do we have kids together, has he ever traveled to the US, has he traveled abroad before. Then she said we were approved and gave us the next steps sheet. We were never asked for a single photo or other proof of our relationship. They didn’t even ask for translations of the documents. When i gave them to the initial representative she handed them back to me. 🤷🏽‍♀️ We left the consulate around 10:40. 

-After the interview we were placed in administrative processing up until 09/11 when the status changed to issued. 

-Visa ready for pickup 09/12/2019

-Entry into the US via MCO 09/19/2019.

*Since I had worked abroad all last year my tax transcripts did not reflect the required amount of income to provide support. My current job that I started working in July pays more than enough so I guess that was all I needed. We were not asked to get a co sponsor. 

Hope this helps!

-

Finally found an interview and deposited our petition today! The officer took our copies and our original documents (beneficiary’s birth certificate and our marriage certificate) I forgot to ask him how I would get them back, any ideas? Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.