fem_femme

NVC Stage documents

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering if someone can please share their experience regarding docs at NVC stage. I have the following concerns:

1) USCIS approved our case on Aug. 21 and the letter I got said that they have send my petition to NVC for consular processing. This was at the end of August, but the case wasn't updating until now on the website, but now it did update and when I checked the email, it said that the USCIS has forwarded our case to NVC on Sept 10! There seems to be a large difference between both dates that's claimed on the approval letter vs the status change on uscis website, so which is the truth? Oh and on dhs website it showed September 9th when the case was sent, so Im getting conflicting dates/time frames as to when the case was forwarded, if it has. 

2) From the time we started the petition, we gathered much more evidence than what we submitted, and although approved, I heard that the consular officers look into each case before the interview and the decision it already made based on the evidence, so since we have more evidence that will help us further for the officer to look at, and I don't want to just rely on ym hubby to take stuff with him (which he will), i'd like the consulate to have our new evidences, so how can I proceed with these additional evidences now that the USCIS is forwarding our case to NVC? I heard that this is 'side-loading' so at which moment did you guys side-loaded? What I mean is the NVC I heard does everything electronically now like uploading AOS etc, so how can I and when can I at this NVC stage send them the evidences by mail? Is there any document that can be still submitted by mail to NVC? I would love to create a cover letter and mark everything I'm submitting with a request that the bonafide evidences be added and forwarded to the consulate. 

3) I made a mistake of submitting ALL supporting docs of NVC stage with my original petition to the USCIS, which includes the military records and police clearance of my hubby, which was a year ago almost, so what should I do now since NVC stage requires those docs. DO I get my hubby get a new clearance, but this time until month of September and submit it all voer again with his military record? This way his police clearance will be 'fresh'? Are all docs and evidences get forwarded to the consulate? Since the time is running out, I need to tell my husband if he needs to get his military record from many years ago when we served in the army plus his clean police record translate and notarized again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.