MelanieP

"Outside Normal Processing Time" i131 Question

2 posts in this topic

Hi!
So this is a bit of a long shot, but I'm really hoping someone has some advice or an idea for me.

I moved here in December 2018 and filed my AOS packet at the very beginning of January and it was received January 8, 2019 (i131 and i1765 included). I went for my biometrics appointment in February, and then haven't heard anything since. I've been paying attention to the dates for "outside of normal processing times" and as soon as I realized my file date was outside of it, I submitted the service request to have them look into it (this was Aug. 9). A few weeks ago I received a notice that my AOS interview has been scheduled for October 8, but still haven't heard anything about my EAD/AP, when I look at the case history for them, the last thing it shows is a service request was filed on Aug 9 but not assigned to an officer yet. I know they have 30 days to reply to a service request, but the end of that 30 days is in 2 days. I know after 30 days I can submit another service request and hope to receive an answer.

But this is my dilemma/problem. I am HOPING to be able to leave the US to visit Canada for my best friend's wedding on October 5 (just under 4 weeks away) which doesn't give me a full 30 days to wait for the second service request in case it takes them the whole 30 days. Obviously I understand that a wedding isn't a reason for them to expedite a request for AP, and we haven't bought tickets to leave or anything like that. But having waited over 8 months with no news so far about the EAD/AP, and I feel like I've done all I can with submitting the service request, but I'm not sure what else I can do. If the AOS interview had been scheduled 3 days before the wedding instead of 3 days after the wedding, things might look a little different, but this is where I'm at right now. I know there have been people who filed in May-June that have been approved for their AP which kind of makes the situation a little more frustrating. I am planning to call on Monday (when the 30 days is up) to talk to someone and file a second service request, but I was wondering if anyone had an ideas or advice on if there was something I could ask them to do to help, because at this point, we're praying for a miracle!

Thanks for your help :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I you have an interview date scheduled for october it's unlikely you're gonna get your combo card beforehand. It's happened to others.

04/01/2019 - filed marriage-based AoS, EAD and AP

04/03/2019 - NOA

05/02/2019 - Biometrics appointment

08/20/2019 - I-693 courtesy letter

08/22/2019 - I-485 interview ready to be scheduled

09/15/2019 - filed SR for EAD/AP out of processing time (not assigned)

09/27/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

06/11/2019 - Interview at the NY Queens field office

07/11/2019 - I-130 APPROVED

08/11/2019 - I-485 APPROVED, card mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.