linkwinn

(AOS) Converting license from Canadian to Boston Massachusetts

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello fellow VS!

Trying to figure out how to convert my Canadian license and can not get a straight answer from neither the MOT or RMV. Wondering if anyone has already done this to see if they could chime in.

The Mass.gov website requires a certified driving record that is no more than 30 days old. Usually not an issue but according to two MOT reps and emailing them they all confirmed that processing is 15-20 days plus 4-6 weeks for snail mail (they're backlogged). The 4-6 week delivery window will basically have my document arrive expired.  The RMV has also told me that there is no way around this and the document must be certified (embossed) and no more than 30 days old. 

I will be emailing the MOT to see if they will do courier service and hopefully expedite the 4-6 week delivery window. I was also advised to make a trip down to the RMV to talk to a branch manager and get specifics and see if there is some leeway. Otherwise, I really have no other ideas.

Has anyone come across this issue and persevered? Or is anyone else stuck like me? 

Edit: Forgot to add that I do have my interview scheduled in early September and I feel that, thinking about this now, it's a bit late so pretty anxious now. 

mass.gov.png

Edited by linkwinn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.