Doug n Amanda

Advance Parole RIDICULOUS for USC/Canadians

62 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Here! Here! I will be glad to get back home and Just stay there,,honestly ppl,why even bother goin through all this knowing what you know about the whole process then turn around get to where your goin only to complain that you can't come back when ever the mood strikes you,, I'd give anything to be in your shoes (already in the US)!

I love my kids and my family with all my heart, I told all of them it could be awhile before I see them again and they are ok with that because worst comes to worst they can always come to visit me,but there is also the computer that allows us to talk everyday if needed, but right now all I can think about is the time that my SO and I are missing out on while we are waiting for the USCIS to get off their buttts, I WANT TO GO HOME,!!! But thats my rant for the evening! In the words of my SGT nephew in the canadian armed forces once said SUCK IT UP PRINCESS!!!!

Hi Laynie. I think when you've experienced the death or serious illness of a loved one, and have to go through the heart-rending process of attempting to procure emergency advanced parole during a highly stressful time in order to be with your family, you would understand why it is upsetting.

Don't forget that not everyone has an awareness of the ins and outs of the various family visas and their individual restrictions when they begin this process. Hindsight being 20/20, some of us would have chosen other options.

Good luck in your process.

I apoligize for my comments

had no intentions or implying that you don't miss you families and such,

Yes I have experienced the death of a loved one ( my oldest sons father) And I was unable to get where I needed to be before he passed from injuries due to car crash, he was in a different province, and I could not get to him, so yes I do know what it is like to try your hardest to get where you need to be and can't get there! Even though it was not USICS that I had to deal with but it might as well have been! but that is a whole other story that I'd rather not go into!

I guess all that i was saying is that it's all part of the process, all the filings and what have ya,and we,

ALL know that USCIS does not give a rats a$#%^ about what our emergencies are,in a nut shell I'm jealous of all of you who are where you are in this process, and just wish that it was me!

My kids are all over the country of Canada,doing varies things in their lives and I'm alone at least for now,and Being an army brat myself I guess I'm just use to not having the family around doesn't mean i don't miss them, and yes we've all had hind sight in this process , I too would have gone a different route had I known what I know now!

Well guess I can't explain myself any longer, again I apoligize!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's okay, love. I just didn't understand where you were coming from. My family seems to be all over now too. With my brothers playing hockey they've been away from home all over for years and I was at university so...you just get to this point where you want the people who know you the best around you.

But, it's my wedding next friday and I will be seeing my little brother for the first time in a year. I can't wait!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.