yasmeh

Passport after Oath Ceremony - Oakland - Please help!

3 posts in this topic

Good day ya'll.

I attended the oath ceremony in Oakland on Aug 14th. Right after the ceremony, I dropped off my application with the US Department of State/Passport Agency officials. However, I did not get any confirmation from them. It was just a drop off, based on what I have been told during the Oath ceremony.

So, the next day, I went to the San Francisco Passport Agency on Golden Gate Ave and they said, I should wait to hear back from them and that my application is handled at a different location and SF office cannot provide any details at this time.

This uncertainity of whether my packet is properly sent for processing AND when I could expect to hear back from them is killing me, tbh! The only proof I have is the fact that I took a picture of the packet with my name, dob and the check amount, written on a sticky note provided by the passport agency representatives at the Oath ceremony. 

I feel like I should have just waited and submitted the application at USPS rather than this ongoing limbo.

My question is:

Did anyone drop off their application after the oath ceremony?

If so, how how long did it take to hear back from them?

I truly appreciate any thoughts or experiences.

Thank you for your time.

PS: I checked my application status on travel dot state dot gov website. It says, "not found" :(

Edited by yasmeh
Postscript

Update  ya'll: I got a notification from the US DOS received my application. 

TO WRAP IT UP: If you dropped off your packet at the Oath ceremony in Oakland, California - It takes 2-3 business days to acknowledge the reception of your application.

You will get an email like this.

---------------------

The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on DD/MM/YYYY. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents.

You requested expedited service when you applied, which we are currently processing in 2-3 weeks.

Your application locator number is 123456789.

If you are traveling within two weeks and have not received your passport, please contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 (or TDD/TTY 1-888-874-7793) with your application locator number.

---------------------

3 hours ago, yasmeh said:

Update  ya'll: I got a notification from the US DOS received my application. 

TO WRAP IT UP: If you dropped off your packet at the Oath ceremony in Oakland, California - It takes 2-3 business days to acknowledge the reception of your application.

You will get an email like this.

---------------------

The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on DD/MM/YYYY. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents.

You requested expedited service when you applied, which we are currently processing in 2-3 weeks.

Your application locator number is 123456789.

If you are traveling within two weeks and have not received your passport, please contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 (or TDD/TTY 1-888-874-7793) with your application locator number.

---------------------

That seems standard email (i got the same email format) for expedite processing through post office)... glad they received your application.  Now you can relax 😎

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.