Mike_Marivic

Need to re-apply EAD

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

We applied for my EAD 05/26/2007 before we got married now we are beginning to gather the papers we need for the AOS process. Now the lawyer said we shouldn't have applied for EAD without the AOS because they wouldnt' even pay attention to that, we sent also a check for the payment of the process along with the application, now we are thinking that we should cancel that since we are going to apply again for a new one. What's confusing is that if they are not going pay any attention or not going to process that first EAD application why would they cash the check? Do we need to cancel the check and apply for another EAD when we send the application for the AOS or wait til we hear anything from that first application and just apply for AOS for now? Or can we call the Service Center where we sent the EAD application to know the status if we have to send a new one or just consider that one since we are about to start the Adjustment of Status anyway?

Thank you for any help.

In The USA

05/26/2007 EAD application sent

05/31/2007 Got NOA for (a)(6)

06/01/2007 Applied for SSN

06/02/2007 Wedding

06/14/2007 Received SSN card

06/20/2007 Mailed AOS/EAD Package

07/15/2007 AOS/EAD Package returned due to wrong amount written on the check

07/17/2007 Sent back the package again to Chicago

07/26/2007 Received EAD card (a) (6)

08/06/2007 Biometrics appointment letter received

08/24/2007 Biometrics Appointment

08/24/2007 Request for Initial Evidence (I-797 NOA on I-129)

08/25/2007 Document requested mailed to MSC

09/20/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered!

11/03/2007 Green Card Production Ordered!!!! wowowowow! No Interview

11/09/2007 Green card on hand

08/01/2009 Remove Conditions

GwP8.jpg.png

you *can* apply for your EAD prior to sending AOS under a(9), but it will only be valid until your I94 expires. Most people skip this, file AOS & EAD together. If you want the year long EAD - you will have to apply under c(9) with your AOS.

Filed: Timeline

They will not ignore your EAD application, they will process it and it will be issed with an expiry date the same as your I-94 (90 days after your entry).... by the time you get it it will be out of date or only have a week or two to run.... you will not be able to get your money back....

Kez

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
you *can* apply for your EAD prior to sending AOS under a(9), but it will only be valid until your I94 expires. Most people skip this, file AOS & EAD together. If you want the year long EAD - you will have to apply under c(9) with your AOS.

You must file your EAD and AOS concurrently. If you were not married (assuming you are an immigrant marrying a US citizen) when you filed there would be no basis for granting employment authorization. I would call the USCIS national service center and discuss alternatives to receive a refund. Go to USCIS.gov then contact us. The NCSC number is listed there. Good Luck

You must file your EAD and AOS concurrently. If you were not married (assuming you are an immigrant marrying a US citizen) when you filed there would be no basis for granting employment authorization. I would call the USCIS national service center and discuss alternatives to receive a refund. Go to USCIS.gov then contact us. The NCSC number is listed there. Good Luck

in bold is only accurate if you are filing c(9). you can apply for your ead prior to AOS but it will only be good until the expiration of the I94 and would be under category a(6). see my above explanation.

Filed: Timeline

irishpete,

No, I-765 does not need to be filed concurrently with I-485. It can also be filed before I-485 under category (a)(6) as lal_brandow states, or it can also be filed any time after I-485 under category ( c)(9).

Yodrak

you *can* apply for your EAD prior to sending AOS under (a)(6), but it will only be valid until your I94 expires. Most people skip this, file AOS & EAD together. If you want the year long EAD - you will have to apply under c(9) with your AOS.

Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.