JamieAndEli

AP approved but not sent, EAD still "received" - AOS

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, not really sure how to explain this one well but once again in this process I'm left confused and feeling lost.

So, 2 weeks ago today (July 23rd, it's now August 6th) my Advanced Parole was approved and I received the confirmation letter in the mail 2 days later informing me 'Your travel document will be mailed to you separately'. However, 2 weeks later I still haven't received another letter nor and upon checking over my original confirmation letter I noticed in the top right corner it states 'Approval notice - Valid from 7/22/2019 to 08/24/2019'. 

I guess what I'd like to know is;

1) Why has my AP been approved but not my EAD?

2) Why is there a 1 month validity date on the notice?

3) Should I expect to receive an AP document in the mail or should it have arrived already? Is there a way that I can contact USCIS about this?

Hopefully somebody else has been in a similar situation and can give me some peace of mind.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 4.40.53 PM.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.