oceanborn

USCIS - Ceremony - Seattle Field Office

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

I thought I'd share the final chapter of my immigration journey with you, since I've received nothing but the best of help here over the many years!

1. I arrived at 12:55 for my 1:30 ceremony and was immediately directed to the second floor. I had to wait at this point, so we took seats on the right hand side.
  2. At around 1:25 a lovely gentleman came out and asked which of us seated was here for the oath ceremony. The folks there for an interview then had to switch sides with us.
  3. We, the soon-to-be citizens, then had to form two orderly lines while our friends and family made their way down to the auditorium first. When called up, I provided my completed N-445. He asked about the traffic ticket, so I provided it alongside the proof of payment. He simply noted it as a traffic citation on the N-445 and that was that. I was given my package and told to make my way to seat 25 downstairs.
  4. After I was seated, the ceremony quickly begun. We watched a welcome video, sung the national anthem and were asked to remain standing to take the oath. Then the supervisor of the district office took the stage, asked us to repeat the oath line-by-line after her, then welcomed us officially as US citizens.
  5. There was then two more videos; one from President Donald Trump and one set to a different interpretation of a well-known American anthem.
  6. That was that! Took some photos and registered to vote. Doing the passport tomorrow. All is finally over.

My welcome package contained a letter from President Trump on very nice embossed paper, a guide, a certificate holder, a flag and the words to the anthem and pledge of allegiance. It was a wonderful experience by happy USCIS staff and I couldn't feel prouder to end my journey in this way.

Thank you all! I shall do my best to repay your kindness by continuing to answer other people's questions to the very best of my ability. 

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.