algamal

n400 experience online filing with interview

2 posts in this topic

hi,

I am writing my n400 and interview experience.

Employment based GC to n400.

my eligibility was on Feb 1st 2019. Filing application online by uploading all docs on Feb 1st at 12:45am EST(midnight) , the online submission was accepted as Feb 1st but my priority date in mail came as Jan 31st 2019. I was worried if I will be ineligible because this date change. (FYI, uscis systems and payment gateway date take Hawaii time as their timestamp). But in anycase for those who are in similar situation and are worried , there was not a question asked about in in interview. (I took print outs of online status which says my application is submitted on Feb 1st just in case).

2nd important point, I change my job in 45 days after I received my greencard. Hence I was preparing about why I had to change my job so quickly and tried to collect evidence.

But there wasn't a question asked about this either in my interview.

Now coming to Interview, 7/22/2019 at fairfax. It went very quick and smooth, no questions at all beyond the regular review of my application data.

I answered that I didn't have any citations or violations with law, the officer asked about speeding, I mentioned I has couple of speeding tickets and traffic camera tickets all paid for and none of them a misdemeanor or reckless. 

got a confirmation letter saying my case is recommended for naturalization.

so my few tips are:

1. if filing online, just wait 1 more day or at least 12 hrs more rather than filing right on minute just to save yourself some peace of mind.

2. if you changed jobs early like a month or two after your GC was issued, don't worry too much but collect and build your argument that your employer either didn't have work for you coming or the current contract getting over or in worst case that you were approached by recruiter about this opportunity (you were not trying to find jobs yourself). (I am not sure if this matters at all that much)

Edited by algamal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.