briccasart

Any non-UK residents here who filed with USCIS London?

4 posts in this topic

Hi. I just checked the USCIS London website and according to the processing time, "as of June 1, 2007, we are processing petitions filed on March 21, 2007."

My husband and I live in Ireland and planned to do DCF in Dublin. Due to the Adam Walsh Law, we filed directly with USCIS London as soon as the news came that this option was available. We got an e-mail from them that they received our I-130 on March 14, 2007.

About a week after I filed with USCIS London directly, the US Embassy in Dublin opened up DCF once again. I'm assuming that the Dublin embassy now files petitions with London on the applicant's behalf.

I haven't heard from USCIS London nor from the US Embassy in Dublin. Should I be worried?

I'm not sure whether I will hear from London or whether London will send my approved I-130 to the embassy in Dublin and Dublin will then contact me.

Please advise if anybody else is in my situation. Thanks.

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I filed with the london office and i think if they are processing your application you should receive an email. Also, check your bank account to see if they have taken your $190 (if they have i'm pretty certain it's being done in london). Then..you will have to wait another 3 months for a reply....once you get your pack it should be smooth sailing from there.

Good luck

Andy

Edited by Duffbeer

Hi. I just checked the USCIS London website and according to the processing time, "as of June 1, 2007, we are processing petitions filed on March 21, 2007."

My husband and I live in Ireland and planned to do DCF in Dublin. Due to the Adam Walsh Law, we filed directly with USCIS London as soon as the news came that this option was available. We got an e-mail from them that they received our I-130 on March 14, 2007.

About a week after I filed with USCIS London directly, the US Embassy in Dublin opened up DCF once again. I'm assuming that the Dublin embassy now files petitions with London on the applicant's behalf.

I haven't heard from USCIS London nor from the US Embassy in Dublin. Should I be worried?

I'm not sure whether I will hear from London or whether London will send my approved I-130 to the embassy in Dublin and Dublin will then contact me.

Please advise if anybody else is in my situation. Thanks.

We filed in London and our processing date was 15th March. I am a UK resident so I don't know the specific answer, but I can tell you that we received our NOA2 today so if the approval's coming from London then you should receive it anytime now. If you don't receive it in the next couple of days then maybe it's coming from Dublin. Fingers crossed it will come soon.

Tim

London DCF Timeline

7th Sept 06: Married in Half Moon Bay, California

8th March 07: Sent I-130

15th March 07: Received NOA1 (via email)

1st May 07: Applied for Police Certificate

31st May 07: Received NOA2

8th June 07: Received Packet 3

8th June 07: Received Police Certificate

11th June 07: Returned Packet 3

27th June 07: Received Packet 4

2nd July 07: Medical in London

21st August 07: Interview at London Embassy (approved!!!)

22nd August 07: Text received by courier service to tell me the visa is on its way

23rd August 07: Visa & MBE (mysterious brown envelope) received

17th September 07: Flying to Boston, MA

20th August 09: Applied for removal of conditions (form I-751)

26th August 09: Received NOA and notification that my conditional residence status was extended for one year.

15th December 09: Received letter approving my removal of conditions.

31st December 09: Received new green card (IR-1)

16th December 10: Mailed N-400 to Texas Lockbox

24th January 11: Biometrics Testing in Boston

21st April 11: Naturalization Interview - Passed!!

16th June 11: Oath Ceremony in Boston

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.