Tilly87

Receipt times for EAD renewal?

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

My EAD combo card expires 08/09/2019, and I have a job I'm hoping to keep until my immigration process is over, so I applied (with my lawyer's help) at the end of April for a renewal for both my I-176 (EAD) and I-131 (Advanced Parole). At that point, I knew processing times are very long, but that with the renewal receipt notice, the EAD card is automatically extended for 180 days. I still haven't received even the receipts for these. I had my lawyer follow up and he confirmed that the renewal applications were delivered to USCIS, also that several of his other clients are in a similar situation (waiting on receipts for months), and also that he spoke with an officer that sounded like he would track it down. That was a week ago, still no movement. Just curious, are there any other people on here who are in this situation, waiting 2+ months for even the receipt notices? I think my application is at the National Benefits Center, that's where the initial I-765 and I-131 were processed (based on a pending I-485).

Thanks! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.