Lovemyhuegirl

Introduction from Fiance's relatives?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just had a question, who on VJ have been introduced to their future wives from their Fiance's Vietn amese relatives. With the Petitioner being of American descent and the Fiance being of Viet namese descent. I do not believe this would be a problem, I believe that saying that you met randomly online would be worse than your Fiance's relatives thinking highly enough of you to introduce you to a member of their family. Just my opinion. I have known my Fiance's Aunt for 12 years. She lived right next door to me for 10 years! I have evidence to prove the neighbor thing. I am traveling to Viet nam in July to stay with my Fiance and have become certified to teach English as a foreign language and we will rent a house and live together until this Visa process is completed. Anyone think we should mention that I have moved to VN to be with her and have been teaching and living together, or do you all think this is a bad idea? Anyones input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I am very glad that there are many success stories out there! I am also disgusted with all disater and heart breaking stories as well.Right now we are waiting on NOA2. I will also be teaching my Fiance English so she will be very prepared for the interview. My Father is a Viet nam war veteran and accompanied me to VN. We had a Formal Engagement Ceremony at her house and we were greeted by all of her Family (Including her 87 year old Grandmother). We have the Ceremony captured in video as well as an entire photo album of the guests and my family and hers together.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2004-04-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-04-10

Edited by Lovemyhuegirl

Just had a question, who on VJ have been introduced to their future wives from their Fiance's Vietn amese relatives. With the Petitioner being of American descent and the Fiance being of Viet namese descent. I do not believe this would be a problem, I believe that saying that you met randomly online would be worse than your Fiance's relatives thinking highly enough of you to introduce you to a member of their family. Just my opinion. I have known my Fiance's Aunt for 12 years. She lived right next door to me for 10 years! I have evidence to prove the neighbor thing. I am traveling to Viet nam in July to stay with my Fiance and have become certified to teach English as a foreign language and we will rent a house and live together until this Visa process is completed. Anyone think we should mention that I have moved to VN to be with her and have been teaching and living together, or do you all think this is a bad idea? Anyones input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I am very glad that there are many success stories out there! I am also disgusted with all disater and heart breaking stories as well.Right now we are waiting on NOA2. I will also be teaching my Fiance English so she will be very prepared for the interview. My Father is a Viet nam war veteran and accompanied me to VN. We had a Formal Engagement Ceremony at her house and we were greeted by all of her Family (Including her 87 year old Grandmother). We have the Ceremony captured in video as well as an entire photo album of the guests and my family and hers together.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2004-04-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-04-10

ZERO CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The neighbor's daughter thing definitely does not work in your favor. The more evidence you show to that fact, the more suspicions it will raise.

As long as you speak Vietnamese you don't really have to worry about her English though.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It was my neighbors Niece. And I believe honesty is the best policy. If there is trouble with her visa, then we will provide what they want and rectify the situation. But thank you for your view points.

It was my neighbors Niece. And I believe honesty is the best policy. If there is trouble with her visa, then we will provide what they want and rectify the situation. But thank you for your view points.

Well, aslong you have enough evidence ;) to show and prove to them then you will be ok. Each person in VJ will have different opinion on things. So don't worry too much when you see one person said it will raise the flag on your case.. Keep as much of evidence as you can ;) Air Fare Tickets, Phone Logs, Emails, Picture (make sure the picture got the Date STamped on it), The main thing is your INCOME.......... INS dont' want to deal with the Supporting your Loveone when she gets here when you dont have a job. INS want you to support her........not the Government..... Hope that will help you.

My K1 Time Line

AOS Quest: Completed :=)

06-08-2007: AOS Package Sent

06-12-2007: AOS Package Recieved

06-19-2007: Check Cashed

06-22-2007: NOA1 in the Mail

06-26-2007: Biometrics Appoinment Received 7-14-2007

07-14-2007: Biometrics Appointment

10-29-2007: AOS interview - still need to wait for FBI name check.

02-27-2008: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-28-2008: Card production ordered

03-04-2008: Approval notice sent

03-07-2008: Green Card received

05-07-2008: California ID received (took almost a year to get it)

Being a Dad Quest: :=)

06-05-2008: My lovely baby girl arrived.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think that once you're there and teaching English, you won't want to leave. Vietnam rocks! Most the successful teachers there stay a long while. Your best bet would be to simply marry her there, live a while, then file for the marriage visa. Just make sure you file your oversea income with the united states while you're abroad, they'll wanna see that at the interview. Good luck and have fun!

K-1

Service Center :California Service Center

I-129F Sent :2006-06-23

I-129F NOA1 :2006-07-11

I-129F NOA2 :2006-10-11

NVC Left :2006-10-26

Consulate Received :2006-11-02

Packet 3 Received :2006-11-14

Packet 3 Sent :2006-11-15

Packet 4 Received :2007-01-22

Interview Date :2007-02-13 Submit Review

Visa Received :2007-02-14

US Entry :2007-02-20

Your interview took 235 days from filing.

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office :Seattle WA

Date Filed :2007-04-02

BioMetrics: 2007-05-03

Touched: 2007-05-04

Interview: 2007-07-19 PASSED!!!

Employment Authorization Document

Touched: 2007-05-04

Approved: 2007-6-18

Card Recieved: 2007-6-25

Removing Conditions

I-715 Sent California: 2009-4-23

I-715 recieved: 2009-4-24

I-797C NOA recieved 2009-5-16

Biometrics letter recieved: 2009-06-22

Biometrics: 2009-07-10

Approved: 2009-08-13

10 Year Card Arrived: 2009-08-18

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I think that once you're there and teaching English, you won't want to leave. Vietnam rocks! Most the successful teachers there stay a long while. Your best bet would be to simply marry her there, live a while, then file for the marriage visa. Just make sure you file your oversea income with the united states while you're abroad, they'll wanna see that at the interview. Good luck and have fun!

That's really not a bad idea. Marriage visas seem to have a higher success rate the first time around than fiance visas anyway. It depends on whether or not you can stand the weather for that long though.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife hasn't had her interview yet, so I don't know how it will all work out. I was indroduced to my wife by her brother who is a USC. We got married in May 06 (Mariage cert has July 06). My parents and sister went over for the wedding. I went back in July to get the marriage Cert (3 week stay) and then again last month for a 3 weeks stay. At first I thought about K1, but the chances for being approved are lower so we got married instead. I considered doing the K3, but looking at time lines there wasn't much difference between K3 and CR1.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Step by step:

What is the requirement for K1 Visa?

Have you met? YES/no

Are you two available to marry once she arrives? Yes/no

How you two know about each other? family introduction? yes/no

Can you meet the poverty guideline (somewhere in the $16k/yr or more if you have dependens)? yes/no

File your tax? yes/no

Proof of ON GOING relationship?

Can you tell a convincing love story without lying or setting off too many obvious redflag? Yes/no

You may need preparation and practice to overcome the amount of evidence and requirement HCMC will request from you.

You may need a lawyer, if your case get complicated.

You may need to get married in VN and file for K3 (spousal visa)

You may need to get your congressman involve in helping with your case

You may, you may...

The answer is: there is no one single answer to your case. HCMC will look at the totality of your "love story" and the support evidence, then they will decide if she is worth granting a visa to come here with you or not! Brutal and almost too simple, but it is how this K1 process works!

Disagree with Gossip about the "ZERO CHANCE". None of us know how HCMC will decide! it's 50/50 Chance :) Approve or Not!

Not to be discouraging you, but I would rather see you read up on all the struggles and hardship, false accusation by HCMC toward the beneficiary and petitioner beforehand, so IF any of that ever happens to you, you will at least mentally be prepared to deal with it. Don't want to paint a rosie picture of this process.

STLSAIGON has an interesting experience, he lived and worked in Saigon with his then-fiance for a year or two, don't remember. THAT helped his case 100% even though his income was next to NONE, while making the money he made in VN. The example here is show HCMC does not ONLY look at your income, or what not, they look at everything!

So, my humble advice to you is: read up and prepare for the worst!

Thanks,

chuck and kim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

• 2 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We met when I went to HCM city with her cousin. I met her entire family the 2 day I was there, what a trip! That was bach in Feb-06. We engaged in Aug-06. After her interview they requested more proof. We supplied all the engagement photos and documents. We then waited a long 6 months to get her Visa approval.

I e-mailed the consulate every month. We worried allot about nothing.

Good luck to you!

Tim

Edited by louie8619

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We met by website only, my visa was approved on the first interview.

My uncle (my mother's young brother) is living in California now but he and my husband never have a chance to meet or talk together.

Hien

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.