skinsfan

sad weekend

142 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I tend to agree with CityCat. If you are in a marriage described by CityCat and you disagree with her; simply put you are as blinded as skinsfan was. Good luck though, sure hate to see your post in a year or two saying my wife scammed me....

I fail to see how it is so different than marrying only for money, which happens all the time as well. They have websites for that as too: http://sugardaddie.com/

Once in such a marriage, it can be difficult to get out (divorce laws are no longer generous with alimony). Women have been known to kill wealthy husbands to stop divorces.

The lying about your intentions is what tends to bother most people.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Let me get this correct, sending a woman back who charged me with DV falsely, costing me an enormous amount of money defending my good name, taking her and her children in my heart and taking care of their every need, oh and by the way, she is fluent in English, is mean, then color me the meanest man in the entire world !! Do you really believe that ####### that you are spewing ?? perhaps you should grow up ... and your description of American men is also a load of #######, i can assure you that is certainly not the case with me, and not knowing the appearance of the other men that have married FSU women and are living very happily together, i am sure their wives would have a large disagreement with you. It is not your business of how i accomplished what i did, i will save that for the people that may need it in the future... and i truely hope i will never be asked for this help....but little girl, nobody gets a free pass for fraud !! get a grip and join the real world.... i am quite certain that if what happened to me and others like me happened to you, you would scream like a stuck pig !! and yes, you offended me and all other American men. you either have a low opinion of American men, or an overly inflated opinion of yourself....and somehow think that FSU women who commit fraud should get a free pass....

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
Let me get this correct, sending a woman back who charged me with DV falsely, costing me an enormous amount of money defending my good name, taking her and her children in my heart and taking care of their every need, oh and by the way, she is fluent in English, is mean, then color me the meanest man in the entire world !! Do you really believe that ####### that you are spewing ?? perhaps you should grow up ... and your description of American men is also a load of #######, i can assure you that is certainly not the case with me, and not knowing the appearance of the other men that have married FSU women and are living very happily together, i am sure their wives would have a large disagreement with you. It is not your business of how i accomplished what i did, i will save that for the people that may need it in the future... and i truely hope i will never be asked for this help....but little girl, nobody gets a free pass for fraud !! get a grip and join the real world.... i am quite certain that if what happened to me and others like me happened to you, you would scream like a stuck pig !! and yes, you offended me and all other American men. you either have a low opinion of American men, or an overly inflated opinion of yourself....and somehow think that FSU women who commit fraud should get a free pass....

Wow! Angry!.. Sorry! Didn't mean to push your buttons...

Ok, first of, false DV is bad and unforgivable, but do you really care what happens to her after the divorce? That's the part I don't understand. You divorce her, your assets are protected, what happens to her is not your care any more. She stays, she goes, how do you bother? That's what I don't get about reporting her.

My "description" of American men was basically a set of stereotypes, exaggerated and ridiculous, that I used to make a point. I love American men, I think they are strong, handsome, smart, great dads and usually good in bed. Now that's my official opinion on the matter.

I dare express my opinion on such situation because I myself have been through the whole drama of wrongful accusations, arrests, deportation threats, being scammed and other "pleasant" things like that. And guess what? I was the victim not the initiator. So I had my share fare of yelling like a stuck pig situations in spite being young.

I personally consider every marriage, international or local, a trade. Sometimes it's fair, sometimes it's not. Life is like this - you never know.

I can tell you also that amongst all my friends all over the country I can't name one that is happy with her American husband. I guess I am the only one who is ok.

I don't really have an opinion on the fraud. And you shouldn't either. You are not an immigration judge, so it's really up to them to decide who should pay for what.

At least she had a courage to leave. I know families where women live miserably with men they don't love till the day they die. Do you think it's better?

With all that said, I rest my case and apologize deeply to the topic starter - no offense was meant.

I gotta go now and give my great-looking and strong and smart and totally American stud a kiss!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
... just in case you ever need it, try Greece for a Schengen - it can be for any European country, it just needs to be open in the country that gave it. So you get it to Greece (it's like a couple of days, really fast) and fly to Athens to open the visa and then anywhere you please. My trip was also to Paris through Athens. ...

Sounds like you speak from personal experience.

Welcome to the forum, noone (aka CityCat).

Tell us a little more about yourself and your journey. It's awesome to have someone that's already been through the process here to help. And, we could always use more insight into our wonderful threads!

Ok, I finally have time to tell about myself:

I am a 26-year-old crazy Russian b$tch (that's how my friends call me sometimes) married to an American, got my 2year a little while ago.

I am not a mail-order bride, I met my husband in person and we've known each other for a couple of years before we got married. Our marriage has seen its bumps so I can relate to much stuff here about cultural differences and marital problems.

I study (not a lawyer, not a doctor) and tend my friend's bar for extra cash (my husband makes a decent living so I do it mainly for fun). That's my humble simple story.

... I dare express my opinion on such situation because I myself have been through the whole drama of wrongful accusations, arrests, deportation threats, being scammed and other "pleasant" things like that. And guess what? I was the victim not the initiator. So I had my share fare of yelling like a stuck pig situations in spite being young. ...

City, please share. I'm sure many here could benefit from your experience. Please elaborate on your "Visa Journey" from Russia to the USA. I know I'm curious and I'm sure others are too. How did you (a young Russian girl) get a visa to enter the USA (K visa, student visa)?

Cheers,

:time:

725268776.png

I think you're all full of #######.

There's a reason there are 36,000 women on websites looking for "nice men 18-80" and some of them are looking for love... some of them are looking for money.... some of them are looking for something they need... there are a variety of reasons. However, if you're expecting to "not" get scammed by someone you met and married (via the internet!) within a year or so, you're setting yourself up for failure. I knew my wife for over five years before we did the papers, and I'm still not expecting to "not" get scammed. Anything is possible. People get married for many reasons, and people's lives change.

There's a variety of reasons it will or won't work, but, to say "you shouldn't tell me I was wrong by being scammed" just isn't accurate. To get scammed, you have to let yourself be scammed. I'm not pointing fingers here, but if you look hard, there are signs. It's whether or not you choose to ignore them that eventually leads to being scammed.

That said, I don't like seeing someone get scammed because it messes up the process for the "true love" scenarios. I will side with the OP on the "deport that b!t@#" issue because false accusations of DV by someone intent on getting a green card should certainly result in that person losing the green card. DV is nothing to play around with. Whether or not her original intentions were to scam for a GC, when she dropped the DV charges, she crossed the line. The game is over at that point. The "love" turns to "war"!!!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Yep, it was first hand.

City, please share. I'm sure many here could benefit from your experience. Please elaborate on your "Visa Journey" from Russia to the USA. I know I'm curious and I'm sure others are too. How did you (a young Russian girl) get a visa to enter the USA (K visa, student visa)?

Cheers,

I prefer not to share personal experience with strangers. Opinion - maybe, info on legal and immigration stuff, papers and documents questions - yes, that's why I am here. But personal things like what my story is and how I came here and who framed me and how, are absolutely irrelevant and not helpful here.

You bothered to put a couple of posts of mine together - why? Are you up to something? What are you trying to prove?

Timeline
Citycat, you should be very careful with your words. There are 1000s of members here who would argue with you.
I tend to agree with CityCat. If you are in a marriage described by CityCat and you disagree with her; simply put you are as blinded as skinsfan was. Good luck though, sure hate to see your post in a year or two saying my wife scammed me....

THANK YOU SAT!!! Nice to hear a logical voice!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yep, it was first hand.

Cheers,

I prefer not to share personal experience with strangers. Opinion - maybe, info on legal and immigration stuff, papers and documents questions - yes, that's why I am here. But personal things like what my story is and how I came here and who framed me and how, are absolutely irrelevant and not helpful here.

You bothered to put a couple of posts of mine together - why? Are you up to something? What are you trying to prove?

Take a look at the Home Page City...

"Once again, we welcome you and encourage you to become a member of our growing community! Share your experiences and relax here knowing you are not alone! Make sure that you also take the time to add your information to our Immigration Timeline section! -The Visajourney Family"

There is a rather crude saying about opinions City, "Opinions are like a$$hole$, everybody has one". Perhaps it would be wiser to keep your opinions to yourself if you have nothing helpful to contribute.

Cheers!

FYI, Legal advice is forbidden on this forum as is condoning or instructing, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method. [see TOS].

725268776.png

Timeline

Yep, it was first hand.

Cheers,

Take a look at the Home Page City...

"Once again, we welcome you and encourage you to become a member of our growing community! Share your experiences and relax here knowing you are not alone! Make sure that you also take the time to add your information to our Immigration Timeline section! -The Visajourney Family"

There is a rather crude saying about opinions City, "Opinions are like a$$hole$, everybody has one". Perhaps it would be wiser to keep your opinions to yourself if you have nothing helpful to contribute.

Cheers!

This is also an opinion, isn't it? Well, besides, a tea-pot calling a cattle black - you didn't have a second thought about opinionating on a couple of other topics.

You are claiming I don't belong here if I don't want to put my privacy in front of a little hostile audience?

I am not, was not and will never put myself in a position of giving or taking any kind of advice that can be considered legal from other than a licensed professional.

False accusations are punishable.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Let me get this correct, sending a woman back who charged me with DV falsely, costing me an enormous amount of money defending my good name, taking her and her children in my heart and taking care of their every need, oh and by the way, she is fluent in English, is mean, then color me the meanest man in the entire world !!
You aren't sending anyone back. All the claims you have made against your former spouse can be taken out in civil court. Defamation, Qui Tam (whistle blower statute for those who report federal false claims), breach of contract, breach of fidiciary duty, or better yet, how about a tort action, something old school like alienation of affection. Guess what, you don't have a leg to stand on any of these accusations especially when the Judge hears that all of this occurred while you were married.

So all you have is the USCIS to send the ultimate revenege, deportation. I am glad the government is doing the enforcement here, rather than private parties. Boy would be in trouble if it was otherwise.

nobody gets a free pass for fraud !!
I completely agree. The poor ladies have to tough it out at least three years before they can dump the:
disgusting fat smelly stupid and angry Yankee
Otherwise they can get themselves in the situation skinsfan has fiduciarydescrrevengeibed.

Guys, be honest to yourself. Would your wife / fiancée still be with you if you were Russian, making a Russian wage, and living in Russia? For example if you met at a café. Ask them if you are not sure. That whole American thing lets the ladies overlook a lot of things. Like age, manners, lack of language, habits, culture, etc.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

You are correct, i am not sending anyone back, bad use of words, but immigration is taking care of that. again, i want everyone to understand that i am definitely not bashing FSU women. For me personally, i am finished with searching oversea's, there are enough women here in the USA, and marriage is the farthest thing from my mind. I had my personal reasons for traveling to the FSU, but it was definitely not because there were not wonderful women available here in America. The immigration process is long, emotional, as well as expensive, particularly for a family of three. I learned a lot from this experience and even though i feel the disdain from this experience, i know that i will love again, the time will come when i can move on. But i will definitely keep my eye's wide open !! Sorry if i snapped a little, but the wounds are still open...my situation is far more reaching than most, and when it is finally over, i will be able to explain it fully.

Timeline
Let me get this correct, sending a woman back who charged me with DV falsely, costing me an enormous amount of money defending my good name, taking her and her children in my heart and taking care of their every need, oh and by the way, she is fluent in English, is mean, then color me the meanest man in the entire world !!
You aren't sending anyone back. All the claims you have made against your former spouse can be taken out in civil court. Defamation, Qui Tam (whistle blower statute for those who report federal false claims), breach of contract, breach of fidiciary duty, or better yet, how about a tort action, something old school like alienation of affection. Guess what, you don't have a leg to stand on any of these accusations especially when the Judge hears that all of this occurred while you were married.

So all you have is the USCIS to send the ultimate revenege, deportation. I am glad the government is doing the enforcement here, rather than private parties. Boy would be in trouble if it was otherwise.

nobody gets a free pass for fraud !!
I completely agree. The poor ladies have to tough it out at least three years before they can dump the:
disgusting fat smelly stupid and angry Yankee
Otherwise they can get themselves in the situation skinsfan has fiduciarydescrrevengeibed.

What? What does it mean?

Guys, be honest to yourself. Would your wife / fiancée still be with you if you were Russian, making a Russian wage, and living in Russia? For example if you met at a café. Ask them if you are not sure. That whole American thing lets the ladies overlook a lot of things. Like age, manners, lack of language, habits, culture, etc.

And again you are right! There is such a discrepancy between cultures that either a HUUUUGE love of an omnipotent $ can overcome it!

Guys, be honest to yourself. Would your wife / fiancée still be with you if you were Russian, making a Russian wage, and living in Russia? For example if you met at a café. Ask them if you are not sure.

Speaking for myself: yes, I would still be with my man if he were Russian and living in Russia. In fact this whole immigration thing is absolutely a pain in the ### for me and I would rather he moved to live with me in Moscow - but that's not an option unfortunately. Yes, I overlook his lack of Russian language and culture because we are both well-versed in World culture, we had read the same books and we are on that level of development where language differences no longer matter.

However, despite all our great love we may one day call it quits for one reason or the other. Now, according to this "deport the b@%ch " logic, if after some years we decide to divorce, will I be labeled a scammer unless I move back to my country and start my life from scratch?

It kinda bothers me that immigration - something I consider a sacrifice on my part - is generally considered such a great gift for which we FSU ladies must be eternally grateful.

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

What did your wife say?

04/19/2006 - met for the first time

01/12/2007 - sent I-129f to Nebraska

01/22/2007 - NOA1

04/20/2007 - NOA2

07/20/2007- Interview in Moscow

09/19/2007- Married

01/25/2008- AOS package mailed

08/27/2008-Interview-approved

09/10/2008-GC received

08/21/2010-10yr green card received

love is where you find it, even if it is a half a world away

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Everyone is subject to being hurt in life... one way or another and normally it is the most kind hearted people and the most loving of people that this happens too. There are some good actors and actresses out in the world and they are in all countries and they are in all parts of the world. Sure some people are blind to the signs and some people are just simply in love without a sign of fraud... nevertheless it does not mean that all of us are not subject to this happening. There is a lot of trust that goes into online relationships and immigration. There is a lot of work and effort behind it and there are some that win and some that lose.

The reality behind it can be bliss and sometimes it can be a painful learning experience. This does not mean that all people are "out to get someone" or that all people are "gold diggers" and in anger, we can try to sway others from continuing on the same path so that they may learn from our mistakes and this is also a normal human nature. Support and guidance from one good heart to another good heart can hardly be seen as bad and these stories keep us all in check toward reality in some way.

Thank you for posting your story and I read the entire thread. My thoughts are with you and I am glad to see that justice will serve you well. Those who are genuine and truthful and good will normally prevail from situations like this. may you find a new love and life and remember that this hard stuff will make you more aware and more keen.

Learn, live and move on toward happiness.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.