4 posts in this topic

I need some guidance about a question regarding the courtesy letter I have received for form I-693 I have submitted.I have applied for i-485 green card and I did submitted medical examination form i-693 along with that.after I submitted I received a letter from uscis,it says that medical form was signed before 60 days from the day application was filed.It is asking me to provide evidence for that.I really missed the information that I should have filled within 60 days.Can someone explain me that what exactly should I provide to them?Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just to make sure I got this correctly, you did your medical 60 days before sending AOS packet, right?

To make sure, call them and ask them how to reply to this exactly. I think what they need you to provide is an explanation why you waited 60 days before sending the application.  The only reason why it raises concern is that the medical report should be valid until the interview.  And in your case, it's already 2 months down the whole waiting time until the interview, it might or might not be valid until then.

Only reason I have is that my husband was not naturalized when I got my medical exam done.My medical examination was done in September,2018 ,My husband became US citizen in October,2018 .I filed my i-485 application in December that was after 60 days after my 

medical exam.Now I have my interview scheduled in June 2019 so that is within the validity period of medical exam.

I am not sure if the courtesy letter tells me to redo medical exam.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ahh I see. There you go, if I were in your shoes, I would make a letter of explanation and attach the naturalization document of your husband.  And submit it based on what the instructions is or submit it during the interview (that I'm not sure.)

Congratulations on your husbands naturalization, by the way and to you too.  Your medical exam is still valid and that's what really matters.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.