Abayomi

No Objection Statement of Reason

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am about to start a waiver process, I cannot apply until August as I need my family to get to the US first. My DS-2019 ends in May 2020. Do you think the waiver will be out on time to be able to apply for a green card? My country's priority date is current and about submitting for EB2-NIW 

I also have three questions to ask.

1. Can I get a sample statement of reason for No Objection

2. Is it advisable to use a lawyer for the Waiver process or one can do it alone

3. Is there any Nigerian on this platform that has requested for NOC from the Nigerian embassy in DC who can share his/her experience with me.

Thanks.

If there is no government funding, it shouldn't take more than 3-4 months if exaggerated. Your case is straight forward. I would get started with EVERYTHING couple months before you're ready to file because some embassies are a PAIN. 
There is no template for the statement, just write why you want the waiver. Some write couple paragraphs about their research and they want to continue it, others write 4 pages about how their program goals are still going to be fulfilled by staying in the US.

11 hours ago, Abayomi said:

Thanks for the information. I have one more question. On DoS site,  j1 waiver fee is stated as $120 but I have seen some law firms quote it as $215. Please which is the right one. 

The one on DoS site. The fees change all the time so the correct one is on the official site. Don't use a lawyer, the application is straightforward 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.