ktindi

Ready to send my I-130, want to be sure..

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello good people,

I've been a lurking member a while now and I'm finally ready to send in our package. I'm so afraid of making a mistake or not including a document. According to the list of items needed here on this site, I have everything to accompany my I-130 application. I have 3 letters from our friends who have testified to our marriage and relationship being bonifide.

At this stage would a statement from myself be helpful? A letter of introduction so to speak? With any of our photos or "proof" attached? Or will that be my husband's department during the actual interview?

Also just to clarify for myself as I am dizzy with reading and re-reading all the info here :) The financial support documents are in the next phase correct? Not to be sent with this application?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Katie Killian-Indi

Katie & Ferhat

didn't end up happily ever after. Affair, lies, all of it. divorcing

Hello good people,

I've been a lurking member a while now and I'm finally ready to send in our package. I'm so afraid of making a mistake or not including a document. According to the list of items needed here on this site, I have everything to accompany my I-130 application. I have 3 letters from our friends who have testified to our marriage and relationship being bonifide.

At this stage would a statement from myself be helpful? A letter of introduction so to speak? With any of our photos or "proof" attached? Or will that be my husband's department during the actual interview?

Also just to clarify for myself as I am dizzy with reading and re-reading all the info here :) The financial support documents are in the next phase correct? Not to be sent with this application?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Katie Killian-Indi

Hello! :) If you started the forms more than a month or so ago, I would make sure you have the most up to date version by visiting www.uscis.gov.

In my opinion, it would be fine to include two pictures of the two of you together on separate occassions since I'm guessing you don't have the other things like a joint lease or joint bank accounts. It's not required, but it's what I would do to put my mind at ease.

You can include a short cover letter listing the purpose of your petition and all the things included.

You're right that the financial support documents are for the next stage. Right now, you are petitioning for your husband to be allowed to apply for a visa. At the next stage, your husband will be applying for the visa and will need to show that you, the sponsor at that point, have financial support for him or that there's a co-sponsor who can support him. :)

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you so much for your reply :)

I'll do that, attach a photo or two..ie engagement and wedding

Wish us luck!

Katie

Katie & Ferhat

didn't end up happily ever after. Affair, lies, all of it. divorcing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We filed our I-130 in late-March, so we included information about our relationship. We wanted to include plenty of evidence that our relationship is bona fide, without overwhelming the reviewer. We wrote a two-page summary of our visits that included pictures of us with our respective families and friends, and us from our vacations together. We also included two months of phone bills, copies of a few postcards we exchanged, and copies of airline or train tickets. We also included an affidavit from my friend who witnessed the wedding and a brief summary of the wedding, including photos and copies of our wedding licence fee receipt and the receipt from our rings purchase. For what we could get jointly, we send evidence that we are co-mingling finances and naming each other as beneficiaries.

Good luck!

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.