EzBrzy321

What next after DS-160? Santa Domingo

2 posts in this topic

Hello all. I’ve searched for what I’m about to ask and had trouble finding my answer here. Our case arrived at the Santa Domingo embassy from the NVC on 4/4/19 and I thought for some reason we would get another letter from the NVC with instructions on how to proceed so we waited. It wasn’t until I noticed another couples timeline that I’m following was update with an interview date and I was ahead of him up till that point but both our cases arrived at the same time. Needless to say I was wondering if there was something we should be doing. Two weeks later (today) we decided to fill out the DS-160 online and was successful in doing so but again the confirmation page said nothing about what to do next. What should we be doing at this time? We would like to move on to setting up the interview date but don’t know where to go to do it. Does anyone here have experience with the Dominican Republic specifically? It seems every consulate has a different way to pay visa fees and schedule appointments. Your help is appreciated. 

Also so my fiancé has a child that will be traveling with her and I listed her in the appropriate sections of the ds 160 but I thought every immigrant needed to fill out a seperate ds 160. Is this true? Do we need to fill one out for her 7 year old daughter as well??

Welp found my answer so I’ll post it here to help others. 

The NVC notifies you by email when your case has left. Takes 2 days to get to Santo Domingo but you need to confirm this by doing a status search on the NVC site. Once it says “ready” then you have to go to www.usatraveldocs.com/do/do-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp this is where you will be able to apply for the visa (the DS-160) pay the fee and schedule your appointments ( one for fingerprints and the other for the interview) AFTER you have created an account and updated your profile. You will need to complete the DS160 first so you can get your application number (AA00XXXX). If you’re like me and there are children involved you will need to complete a DS-160 for each child (and pay the fee $265 each applicant) but this is easy once you finish the primary (or first DS160) it will ask to start a family application or another application. Both options will already have the information filled in from the first ds-160 so it takes less time if most of the information is going to be the same on each ds160. 

I had had to figure this out the frustrating way and it cost us 2 weeks of time because we thought they would have sent us something telling us what to do so we waited. They did say something in the NVC letter but it’s very generic and applies to the immigrant visa process and the K1 is not considered an immigrant visa so they send you down the wrong path. That process is a little bit different. Did it all today and now we are good to go with the 2 appointments. We have the VAC appointment for Monday 4/22/2019 and the interview for 5/16/19. Now we need to gather medical police record etc then we will be good to go. Thanks for reading. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.