Sheryl&Robert

just want to ask........

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone.......

Good Day...

I am a 22 year old filipina applying for a fiance visa to marry my 37 year old american fiance, we're just waiting for the NOA 2. I read from all the uploaded files in this website that age gap maybe a hindrance for applying fiance visa especially during the interview at the US embassy in the Philippines, with our age gap of 15 years... what do you think?..I'm just wondering if you have knowledge about this issue..

I'll wait for your reply..thankS in advance... and just want to say goodluck to all of us...

MABUHAY!

:help:

Sheryl

I-129F - K1/Fiance

03-28-07 = Sent I-129F to CSC

03-29-07 = I-129F received at CSC

04-02-07 = NOA 1

04-05-07 = Check cashed

04-10-07 = Touch

07-16-07 = Touch

07-17-07 = Touch

07-17-07 = NOA2 via email

07-20-07 = NOA2 via snailmail

09-24-07 = Early Medical @ St. Lukes

09-27-07 = St. Lukes - Medical Examination

10-04-07 = US Embassy Interview

10-04-07 = APPROVED!!!

10-10-07 = Received VISA

10-12-07 = POE - Las Vegas

11-17-07 = Our Wedding

AOS - Adjustment of Status

03-19-08 = AOS Package Sent to USCIS

03-21-08 = AOS Delivered via USPS Priority Mail (Chicago, IL)

03-25-08 = Check Cashed

03-28-08 = NOA1 for I-485, I-765 & I-131

04-01-08 = Received Biometrics appointment letter

04-16-08 = Scheduled Biometrics Appointment (done)

04-18-08 = I-485 & I-765 case status appears online

05-15-08 = EAD card production ordered (emailed by CRIS)

05-15-08 = AP Approval notice received

05-19-08 = EAD card production ordered (2nd emailed by CRIS)

05-21-08 = EAD and AP card received

12-01-08 = Received I-797C, Notice of Action

01-14-09 = AOS Interview - APPROVED!

01-15-09 = Green Card production ordered (emailed by CRIS) & shown at USCIS website

01-26-09 = Received GREEN CARD by mail -- YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone.......

Good Day...

I am a 22 year old filipina applying for a fiance visa to marry my 37 year old american fiance, we're just waiting for the NOA 2. I read from all the uploaded files in this website that age gap maybe a hindrance for applying fiance visa especially during the interview at the US embassy in the Philippines, with our age gap of 15 years... what do you think?..I'm just wondering if you have knowledge about this issue..

I'll wait for your reply..thankS in advance... and just want to say goodluck to all of us...

MABUHAY!

Sheryl

Hope you get approved soon. There is nothing to worry about the age difference. They just want to see that there is a legitimate relationship between the both of you. Nothing to worry about. Good luck to you on the rest of your journey!

OUR TIMELINE

MARCH 7, 2007 - SENT I-129F TO CSC

MARCH 13, 2007- NOA1

MARCH 19, 2007- REC'D BY SNAIL MAIL

May 23, 2007- APPROVED!

May 24, 2007- Rec'd e mail stating I was approved on the 23rd!!!!

May 29, 2007- Arrives at NVC

May 30, 2007- Called NVC and received MNL#

May 31, 2007- Left NVC headed to MANILA

June 4, 2007- Petition Arrives at USE Manila

June 12, 2007- Packet Mailed from Manila

June 25, 2007- Rec'd Packet

July 27, 2007- Medical appointment Aug. 3, 2007- August 3rd Interview, APPROVED!!! 149 days from filing!!!

Sept. 7,2007- Mary will be landing in LAX

Hi everyone.......

Good Day...

MABUHAY!

Sheryl

While it's true that in other countries, big age gap can raise red flags, here in the Philippines, it's not really a hindrance in getting a visa as long as you can prove that the relationship is bona fide, you have supporting documents as proof and most of all, you really love each other. I have seen cases here that got approved despite the huge age gap. I used to worry about this because my fiance and I have 30+ age difference but after getting reassured that everything is going to be alright as long as I can prove that our relationship is not a fraud, I am now more relaxed and confident that I can pass my upcoming interview.

Good luck on your journey! May the rest of it goes smoothly for you!

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dont worry about age gap my friend,as long as we can prove them that we love each other... :thumbs: all we have to do is gather all the document that we can show them the proof of our ongoing relationship,age is not a hindrance...we hope that our NOA2 will approve soon...goodluck to both of us... :yes:

There is a 21 year age gap between Ruchie and I! She passed her interview with flying colors! NO PROBLEMS! Just make sure you have everything in order!! Good Luck to you both!

Danny and Ruchie

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Robert and Sheryl,

I am 41 and my financee is from Cebu and she is 24 in December. I hired an attorney to take care of the documents and he has a 100% money back guarantee for placement as long as everything we stated is accurate on our application. He does not see a problem with our age. A lot of time when age comes into affect is if the petioner (American) is close to retirement age and his/her fiancee is a lot younger then they may question the age difference. Like everyone stated below, just have your documents prepared and be confident is what my Attorney said as well.

Good luck!

Don't worry much about the age gap. There are others who have a bigger age gap than yours and got approved. What they will be more concerned is if the relationship is "bonafide", if you really love each other and how you handle the interview, so present your documents/proofs/photos well and you will be just fine.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Dont worry abt your age gap as long as you have bonafide relationship there's nothing to be afraid of. Me and my fiance (now my husband) has the same age gap as u guys but we never had encountered any prob esp when its time for my interview. So relax just be prepared for all documents needed, our prayers with you.

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

I am 32 years older than Claudeth and we had absolutely no problems. As long as your paperwork is in order you shouldn't have much to worry about, at least not the age issue.

Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.