Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I filed for my spouse as lpr and after my case was approved I became a US citizen. Now I have received WL from NVC and my daughter is included. Do I need to upgrade from F2A to IR or proceed as F2A?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


You must inform the NVC that you are a US citizen so the case can be properly processed.  Since you are a US citizen, the case is automatically an Immediate Relative case where derivative beneficiaries are not allowed.  Your spouse is ineligible to be processed in the F2a category.  Do not try to process her in the F2a category because the US Embassy will not allow it.  


You must now file a new I-130 for your daughter.  Include a copy of your wife's I-130 approval.  In your cover letter, ask for your daughter's I-130 to be expedited.  

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.