Jump to content

AoS Petition and Name Change (Texas)

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi y'all!


We are about to submit our AoS and will be getting married this week.  Our marriage license indicates my fiancee's current legal name.  Our AoS preparation company said we can have my fiancee's maiden name as her new middle name and my surname as her new surname, and that will appear on her Green Card, Work Permit, and Social Security Card.  That is what we would prefer.


When we change her name in Texas, will we have any problems with that new name?  Should we leave her middle name alone and change it later?  I'm thinking the safest bet is just to list a surname change, but it would be totally preferable if we can change her middle name as well.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.