Jackson71

Question on EAD/AP COMBO CARD

3 posts in this topic

Today my wife received an update on the USCIS WEB SITE that her I-765 EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION CARD was mailed.

She also filed at the same time for advance parole I-131, I-765, and the I-485.

The card that is coming in the mail for her, is this  the combo EAD/AP COMBO CARD or just an EAD card ?

We checked her case status for her I-131 and it still says the same thing that they received the case on November 6, 2018, it doesn't say anything about approval or that it is being mailed with the EAD.

Also, we filed for her 7 year old daughter for I-131 Advance Parole but nothing new on her case status either .

Should we be worried that USCIS only sent her an EAD CARD and maybe her Advance Parole wasn't approved or hasn't been approved yet ?

Shouldn't her daughter's Advance Parole document come at the same time as her mother's ?

Does the issuance of an EAD CARD automatically become Advance Parole since she filed for both at the same time ?

I have read and heard that it will be a single card with two purposes :  Work and travel .

I will appreciate any feedback on this .

I just hope that they did not do  anything wrong because my wife really needs to travel to her home country to see her parents .

Thank you VJ community !

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Usually a combo EAD/AP card.

Daughter's EAD/AP application is independent of mom's application.

EAD card does not "automatically become AP" because you file at that same time.  That doesn't happen.  It's either EAD or EAD/AP.  You will have to be patient and wait.  It probably will be the EAD/AP combo card.  

You are worried about something that might be nothing.  Patience.   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.