Jump to content

document translation

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, BigMike93ATX said:

my fiance is Vietnamese. (if this applies to you)if your fiance is Vietnamese. what locations did they go to get their civil documents translated to English? she lives in HCM city if that helps.


Theoretically, anyone can translate. The translator needs to put a statement in there that says: “I’m fluent in both English and whatever language and I’m competent to translate. The translation is accurate”. Something to that affect.


Honesty, there are literally hundreds of places that would do notary to certify a copy and translate in HCMC alone. Have your fiancé do a google search and find a place nearest to her. Just tell them you need the translation for US immigration and they know.


The main office of the HCMC Dept. of Justice does it: Phòng công chứng số 1, address: 97 Pasteur, District 1. 


I’ve also used these two websites in the past:






Edited by USS_Voyager

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.