adar24

No appointments available - rescheduling immigrant visa appt at Consulate

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Hi All - 

We have filed an immigrant visa application for my parents. Mumbai Consulate, India. Both of their appointments were scheduled for end of Jan, but my mother's was canceled by the consulate as she needed additional tests. Now the medical reports are complete and have been sent to the consulate and we got an email that she needs to schedule her appointment at Mumbai Consulate. But when I check online at ustraveldocs as instructed, there are no appointments available. Has anyone experienced this and have you been able to get appointments soon after? When do they open appointments every day?

Any input will be greatly appreciated. We are in the last stage of our process and this forum has been very helpful

Adar24

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
10 hours ago, adar24 said:

Hi All - 

We have filed an immigrant visa application for my parents. Mumbai Consulate, India. Both of their appointments were scheduled for end of Jan, but my mother's was canceled by the consulate as she needed additional tests. Now the medical reports are complete and have been sent to the consulate and we got an email that she needs to schedule her appointment at Mumbai Consulate. But when I check online at ustraveldocs as instructed, there are no appointments available. Has anyone experienced this and have you been able to get appointments soon after? When do they open appointments every day?

Any input will be greatly appreciated. We are in the last stage of our process and this forum has been very helpful

Adar24

Update: One appointment opened later in the day for next week. Acted quickly to book it. Will update this link with more info. once we are done with the appt. so others in similar situation can get some help.

• 10 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

@adar24 Can you please share your experience about how did you reschedule the appointment. Did you do it yourself or the consulate scheduled it for you? Any information you can give will be helpful because I am in same situation for my father's IR-5 visa interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.