Jump to content

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone!

It's time for me to submit Form I-751 to remove the conditional status on my permanent resident status. When I married my husband, we applied for me to get my green card, but since we hadn't been married 2 years yet, my permanent residency was conditional. Well, my husband and I are still happily married. However, he got an amazing training opportunity in Washington D.C. so he has moved there for the 2-3 years that his training will take. I cannot move with him at the moment because my career is in Los Angeles. I am an actress and currently have a three year contract with an agency and a manager team. Rather than making one of us give up on our dreams right now, we decided we would be bicoastal for these 2-3 years, see where each of our careers take us, and at the end of his training decide whether he would come back to LA and or if I would move to D.C. In the mean time, I am traveling to D.C. or he is traveling to LA every month and a half so we can see each other. Though our current situation is unconventional, we are still very much in a real marriage. Does anyone have any experience submitting a Form I-751 without joint residency with your spouse? If so, did you guys write a letter explaining why? and how did you guys write your cover letter to list the proof showing that you guys are still together despite the distance. 


At the moment we have the following evidence:

-Joint bank account

- Joint medical insurance

-Joint car insurance

-Taxes filed jointly, Federal and State 

-Both are owners of my car

-Affidavits from 3 friends

-Photos of our travels together and life together

-Boarding passes of travels to see each other

-Contracts from agency showing that I have to based in LA

-Information about his training showing that he has to be in D.C.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.