yabasta

I90 problem with green card

3 posts in this topic

Hi

I arrived int he states back in July 2006 and I never did get my green card. I have been calling about it to get it resent to me a number of times. I eventually learned that the first time it was sent to me it was returned to them and the second time it was sent to me it wasn`t returned to them. As a result I have been chasing something that is not there I guess. I filed the I90 form to replace a card I never received but they eventually got back to me saying that I needed to pay $260 for the card.

Any idea what I can do to get out of paying? I never got my card so I don`t see why I should pay for a replacement. On top of that I don`t earn much right now so I really don`t have $260 to spare.

Any help would be appreciated. I think the chances are that I will be forced to pay for the card. I just don`t really have that kind of money right now.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi There !!

Good to see you, but sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with the GC. That sucks !!!

If I were in your shoes, I'd schedule an infopass appt. and sit down with them to rectify everything. Then, you'll have an actual person that you'll be dealing with rather than getting shuffledaround on the phone and a concrete meeting to prove you're doing all you can to sort it out.

I can't blame you for not wanting to pay another dime for something you've already paid for...

Good Luck Man !!!!!

Hope it gets sorted out in a timely fashion.

Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

thanks. It is hard because my driving license has expired and I was given a license until my passport stamp temp visa expired so I don`t think I can get a renewal on my driver`s license. I guess infopass is the way to go but problem is when can I go to something like that. Thanks for the advice.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.